New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver View Post
    I wonder how many of you will draw your gun when someone:

cuts you off, then gives you the finger... then nakikipagtitigan sabay mura sayo. No threat to your life, just damaged your ego

I would love to read news reports of people defending themselves from RANDOM life threatening road threats using their guns. Pang balance lang... kasi sang damakmak na ang mga kasong "responsible" gun owner ang involved tapos traffic/parking altercation lang naman.

Mas malaki pa ang chance na matutukan ako ng "responsible" gun owner having a bad day or ego problems than being robbed at gunpoint randomly.

Pero syempre, politicians and businessmen with death threats, I guess ok lang. heck, hire bodyguards with uzis kung kailangan
    Yun ang mahirap. I agree with you. pero i think makakapag draw ka lang naman kung nasa loob ka ng tsikot mo. its takes time to draw a gun kung hindi ka magaling. Nasa control na ng gun owner yan, muntik na kaming maaksidente last 2 weeks sa tagaytay because of this dumb driver pero it didnt came accross my mind na hawakan/kunin or eveen touch the gun.

Hire bodyguards? damn its too expensive. per months isang norinco 1911 with ptc narin yun

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Only weapon in my car is a steering wheel lock baseball bat.

House - 1911 .45, .38 revolver and a pump action shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
    glock 23 9mm for practical shooting...

By the way there's no 9mm glock 23 it's only .40cal?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I used to carry a piece when I was younger, pero nagiging rambo kasi ako konting walang kwentang provocation eh gusto ko na ilabas kagad yun baril...so to spare me from killing somebody iniiwan ko na lang sa bahay, dinadala ko na lang when going out of town...pag dito sa Manila lang hinde na...

but I've used it one time when nabangga ako ng PUJ and tinakbuhan ako, hinabol ko then when we were side by side I lowered my window and tinutok ko sa driver yun baril, ayun huminto siya at sorry ng sorry...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    OT:

guys Loaded ba chambers nyo pag dinadala nyo?

do you declare at all establishment na meron kayong dala?

meron ba gumagamit ng leather battle bag dito?
    good question.

walang laman ang chamber ko

hindi ko na declare sa iba, nakakatamad pumirma. most of the time nag dedeclare ako.

gamit ko waistbag.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    when i read your post, i remembered the TV series, The Sopranos because your family is like an Italian one. most of them carry guns. your family members are ultimately protected when you travel together.

by the way, i just want to inquire about something. what are the requirements that an applicant should prepare if he or she wants to acquire a permit to carry firearms outside of one's abode?
    Excerpt from PNP Standard Operating Procedure NR13 (Licensing of Firearms) 19 September 1991, pertaining to PTCFORs

----------------

X. PERMIT TO CARRY FIREARMS OUTSIDE OF RESIDENCE

1.Pursuant to Section 3 of the Rules and Regulations Implementing Presidential Decree 1866 dated 29 June 1983, persons who are lawful holders of firearms are prohibited from carrying their firearms outside of residence. However, the Chief of Constabulary may, upon meritorious cases determined by him and under such conditions as he may impose, authorize such person or persons to carry firearm outside of residence.

2.Only persons who are under actual threat or whose lives are in imminent danger due to the nature of their position, occupation or calling, may be issued Permit to Carry Firearm Outside of Residence (PTCFOR). Among other things, the following shall be submitted by the applicant before the PTFOR is issued;

....a. Clearance from the Intelligence Division PNP
    ....b. Neuro-psychiatric clearance from PNP, Government hospital or any government accredited psychiatrist.

3.The PTCFOR shall be valid nationwide and for a period of one (1) year from date of issue unless sooner revoked, renewable upon formal request by the permitee and submission of a new clearance from the Intelligence Division PNP.

4.The PTCFOR shall be issued only by the Chief, PNP, or by Chief, FED and the following procedures/control measures shall be followed in the issuance of PTCFOR:

....a. A permanent record book shall be maintained of all PTCFOR issued showing the following:
    .............PTCFOR number
    .............Date of Issue
    .............Expiry date
    .............To Whom Issued
    .............Address/Residence
    .............Occupation
    .............Description of Firearm (Kind, Make, Caliber and Serial Number)

....b. A copy of every PTCFOR issued shall be retained for file and future reference.

5.Limitations and Restrictions
    ....a. Those authorized to carry firearms shall not bring said firearms inside public drinking places, cabarets, public dance halls and public amusement places, or while attending civic, political, and religious rallies and meetings
    ....b. Carrying of long firearms is prohibited in Metro Manila, chartered cities, provincial capitals and other thickly populated festivals or in fiestas or other large gatherings except when called for in the performance of duty or accomplishment of mission

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by compact View Post
    good question.

walang laman ang chamber ko

hindi ko na declare sa iba, nakakatamad pumirma. most of the time nag dedeclare ako.

gamit ko waistbag.
    same here. no chamber load. (although a lot of gun owners advise against this )

depends sa place but i try to declare whenever possible.

iwb, bag (not the clutch type one. obvious yun e.), or waist bag (i use one that does not look like it can fit a pistol) again depends on where i'm going.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nako.....:nono: ang dami palang may baril na tsikoteers, nakakatakot tuloy :blue: :rofl:

Inside the car, wheel lock lang, :rofl:

Sa house, puro knives, may short, long etc. :rofl:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    lagi lagi kailangan eh iba na ang panahon ngayon

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got robbed at gunpoint and knifepoint a few years ago, just meters away from my house. It was surreal in that, time stood still and you didn't know if the guy holding a knife to my neck would actually do me in.

They took my new PDA (still in the box), my gym bag, my wallet and my briefcase).

After that, hell I was ANGRY. At myself for not being able to do anything and at the stupid barangay tanods who were drinking themselves to a numb stupor at the sari-sari store just around the corner.

A few months after that incident, I decided to carry my trusty Glock.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i don't. kahit naman siguro meron ako, ayoko rin. kung other weapons naman, pwede na yun 2 screwdriver ko na mahaba na nasa glove compartment, 1 tubo para sa jack, 1 tirings, early warning device, at yun jack mismo na pwede ko ihampas sa mga may masamang binabalak sa kin.

at home, may airgun ako, kaso pang ibon lang

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Do You Carry A Weapon Outside Your House?