New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you buy fake branded items?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 47.37%
  • No

20 52.63%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    No.

Halos pareho ni HG, the reason I buy a certain brand is because I know they're worth it. It's not the name. It's the quality.

Personally, I try not to buy those that are just expensive because of the name. Most signature items are subcontracted to cheap-labor countries. Dun na lang ako sa Made in Phil.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    after seeing how the rap stars spend their money on Bling Bling rims and cars, pirated CDS na ako

they spend more on a set of rims and tires, than most filipinos spend on their house and lot. can you imagine that?

andy

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    walang gusto umamin...

dati natry ko... kaso tulad niyo hindi pwede sa akin yun... active ako eh, mawawasak mga peke sa akin... never tried to buy fake shoes though, puro shirt lang... besides im after the quality talaga ralph lauren shirts would last 5-10years and yun levi's na jeans, forever na ata eh... sira na yun tatak yun jeans hindi pa...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Actually we are all guilty of buying fake products knowingly or unknowingly.

Have you ever noticed you buy pirated cds(vcd, audio cd, dvd, softwares? Majority of the PC users here in the Philippines use pirated MS Windows installed in their own PC. How about replacement parts for your vehicle? Originals are too expensive. How about buying fake celphone casing or the likes. At times, we buy what we perceived as originals and later discovering it as a fake. Nowadays, it is very hard to decipher what is real and what is not.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    May nabasa ako that fake/knock off stuff fund terrorism, organized crime, etc. etc.

Don't know if it's true. Haven't had time to verify. And if I did I wouldn't know how. Hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bah, di totoo yun hehe... mga instik ang pasimuno ng mga lahat ng japeyks... :D

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    If you consider fake ang mga factory overuns ng RL, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, Old Navy. Well I do buy fakes. Nasa pagdadala yan.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ako bumibili pero depende. Sapatos di ko tinitipid. kung jeans jeans lang pwede.

napansin ko kasi yung items na may fake brand mas matino pa sa local brands.

Lagi din ako sa greenhills.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ako rin depende sa gamit.

pero mas madalas nako bumili ng cheap orig stuff.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i buy both fake and orig.

depende sa quality ng item na bibilhin ko. orig item doesnt necessarily mean na matibay and of good quality. merong mga fake na can go head to head sa mga branded. Ung LA cargo pants na nabili ko sa mondo, greenhills noong college pa ako hanggang ngayon ok pa...nasa pagpili ng item yan.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Do you buy fake branded items?