New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Is it time to legalize divorce in the Philippines?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 80.00%
  • no

1 20.00%
  • Maybe/undecided

0 0%
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i say NO!!! Filipinos are not yet ready for this kind of law to be implemented. Tyak aabusuhin ito.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    in favor, as long as the children's rights are protected.

people make mistakes. why pay for it by being miserable your whole life?
    that's why we need to choose our lifetime partner carefully. kaya nga may bachelor period tayong tinatawag

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think its time of it.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    naks pwede na pala maka-atras pag nagsawa na haha

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Personally...part of me wants to say YES, then there's this part that's saying NO.

No, cause this will serve as a factor kung saan aabusuhin ng tao ito. I'm Catholic and i believe in the Catholic doctrine on divorce. Marriage for me is sacred and i really believe that once you get married there shouldn't be any mistakes where in you can just say na "teka, nde tayo sa isa't isa! erase! erase! erase!" and the vows taken on that day should be taken seriously. This will serve as an excuse for men and women alike to get into marriage kahit nde pa ready and they can easily say na madali naman ang divorce. PERO....

YES, given the fact that what we're having at home right now is causing more stress than ever in my part and my sister as well. With this i can be assured that my mom's rights are protected and ours as well. Mahirap sabihin. Cuz i can see kung ano advantages nito to some women (and some men). In short ala ako stand re this. confused as ever.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    that's why we need to choose our lifetime partner carefully. kaya nga may bachelor period tayong tinatawag
    but we men are liars!! best behavior kapag nanliligaw...pag nakuha na, labas ang sungay

come to think of it, women are like this also

7. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    This is a very touchy subject... I'm sure there are many views...

Ito personally lang, medyo romantic/idealist ang view ko pagdating dito. It is possible to find the one you would want to spend the rest of your life with. (And there's a thread somewhere on when, but no thread on how to find that person, because there is no straight answer.)

Sabi nga ni Linus Larraby sa Sabrina (1994), "Actually I do believe in marriage. That's why I never got married." So if you haven't found that other person, don't bother. Sabi nila, choose the right person to marry and that'll make up 50% of your happiness in life.

Finally I would like to say that finding the other person is the second half of it. Being ready yourself is the first. And then making it work is a lifetime thing.

And so, no divorce for me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    but we men are liars!! best behavior kapag nanliligaw...pag nakuha na, labas ang sungay

come to think of it, women are like this also
    yan ang malaking problema hehehe

I have to Agree with the bill but we have to set bounderies especially for the children kundi aabusuhin to.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    my parents are separated... annuled hindi divorced... same lang din eh... kaso magiging casual yun kasalan niyan eh, konting in-lovan lang kasal na... maraming J.Lo na magsusulputan niyan... pero favor pa rin ako kasi masbeneficial than destructive

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
DIVORCE in the Philippines?!Are you in Favor or not?!