New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Every time we are forced by circumstances to make decisions that will affect our lives, in one way or another, we tend to go to our next of kin or closest friends to solicit pieces of advice. I just wonder why we have a tendency to believe those comments or suggestions which are appealing to us. Why is it so? Is a there a concrete explanation about this?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's human nature.
    but in my case ganito ginagawa ko specially kung major decisions.

a. i list down the pros and cons per option in going to the decision.
    b. after listing them down, i discuss them to my wife and get her consensus.
    c. after getting my wife's consensus, i check opinion from my closest friends and family members.
    d. i pray.

wala pa namang sablay na decision since i used this approach. yun nga lang medyo matagal and decision making.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    it just goes to show that man, though unique, is a rational and social being.we have the tendency to regard the idea of others as simply great and to me, it is just but a recognition that while we aspire to be independent we acknowledge the greatness of those we love and trust so much...our family and friends. at the end of the day, they will be the first ones to get hurt when we fail to manage our own affairs, when our erstwhile organized life turns into shambles. the people we love would always feel the enormous pain whenever we have a bad fall and it's always comforting to know that we see God in them the moment they pick us up...

nevertheless, decision making must be well thought of, especially when it concerns the economics of the family, as in venturing into investments. it's entirely different when one is single (meaning no child, no wifey/hubby, no dog, etc...) as one could afford to be adventurous...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by beereo View Post
    Every time we are forced by circumstances to make decisions that will affect our lives, in one way or another, we tend to go to our next of kin or closest friends to solicit pieces of advice. I just wonder why we have a tendency to believe those comments or suggestions which are appealing to us. Why is it so? Is a there a concrete explanation about this?

bec. we only want hear the words that we want to hear. talking to a relative is just reaffirming that initial thought. why? bec. even if 80% at odds kasa sa naiisip mo, subconsconsciouly you still want to go through with ... that is the only thing that will give you 100% closure regardless if mali or tama yun path na yun

Decision-making