New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^
    "It looks like (Tolentino) is the one who hasn't been to Manila," one person tweeted.

this i like,
    ano ba ikakagalit ni tolenteno eh pag dumadaan ka ng edsa -pasig ang baho eh, tapos mga basura + squater saan ka pa lulugar.. mabango pa kubeta namin kahit di buhusan pag may natapos mag pupu

tapos daming mga lowlife kriminal sa tabi tabi

hoy Tolentino.. ibukas mo mata mo wag ang bibig

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    We don't need Dan Brown to tell us this...

There's a moving virus-carrying machine in Metro Manila -- the public bus. Based on a study by the P&G Germ Academy, the bus is the dirtiest of all public utility vehicles traversing EDSA, with contamination levels higher than of a trash bin.
    Last edited by Monseratto; May 24th, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    lumabas ka diyan sa orense at makipaghabulan ka sa mga hamog malapit lang sa opisina mo!
    puro ka byutipul eyes!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hmm...

On one hand, i'd like to point out that there are other "gates of hell" that are far, far worse than Manila...not that this fact should give us any comfort.

However, regarding all the other stuff Dan Brown mentioned...napadaan ako ng Carriedo not so long ago...there was this woman openly pimping this girl, couldn't have been more than 16yo. Out in the open, like she was selling balut.

i only have to walk a few meters outside my house to meet the family on(not "down") the street...and their numbers grow.

Once in a while i ride a bus home with cockroaches crawling up the wall... with one cockroach i elbow dropped multiple times out of rage.

So yeah, an exagerration perhaps, but one that's not too far from the truth. The violent reactions meted out so far only paints us as insecure, delusional, oblivious and in denial of the truth.

i think chairman Tolentino mentioned that Manila is the "gateway to Heaven"? Now, *that's* fiction. Maybe the only reason why it's "heaven" is that you see a whole lot of other people doing far, far worse than you, that you feel so lucky. Kind of like living in barung barong when the rest have to live right where they sh_t.

Baka makasuhan tayo ng libel ng mga turista :p
    Last edited by badkuk; May 24th, 2013 at 02:54 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Then again, it's not good business sense to paint yourself so gloomy...so we have to make it look "heavenly" despite the hard truths.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Tinamaan ata si Chairman, pakiramdam niya inde niya ginagawa trabaho nya :D

Pinatunayan lang niya lalo un entry dito sa Filipinos cannot progress if they cannot follow even simple guidelines « Get Real Post

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ^ Good read.

Joe America's comment:

The moral scale is sick so the disciplines to be found under that moral view are also sick. Skirting the law for personal gain is not condemned; people brag about what they get away with. They gain face by cheating and lose face only if caught. The Filipino Ego defines right and wrong not as society’s right and wrong, but as right and wrong in terms of personal power or advantage. The law is society’s definition and it is irrelevant if personal advantage can be gained by ignoring it or circumventing it.

These deficiencies are more than intellectual. They are built within the personalities, within the culture. It is as fruitless to get a Filipino to deflate his Ego as it is to get a Japanese to abandon false politeness and the penchant to hide from hard truths.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Si erap na gatekeeper.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    after several years.. gagawin ding movie yan.. o eh di bida na naman tayo.. dito syempre ang shooting..

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast