New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by slip-slick
    anyone into cycling? thinking of getting into it as a form of exercise and recreation only, nothing serious.

im a big guy, around 210lbs. what's a good starter bike for me? where to buy? how much? leaning ako towards mounting bikes, rather than racing bikes.

For a frame try getting with a size of 17 to 19

and a for your weight a decent suspension (Fork suspension)

with at least 120mm on suspension travel.

I mean 1 inch? Cmon! Your ass could go bigger than that.
    hehehehehe

Goodluck and always wear a helmet.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hmm wala na yung item, racer ba o mtbike yun? looks like a mtbike from your definition, anyway it looks like a good buy naman, anyway here are some misconceptions on suspension bikes
    - full susp bikes are for downhill only. not necessarily, although the extreme sport of downhill or dh has brought about most if not all innovations on suspensioned biking. stiff or no susp will only be advantageous on flat surfaces

- full susp bikes are not race worthy. we've come to the age where racing car and motorcycle susp are now being applied to bike susp, brands like curnutt, manitou, fox etc are now big names on bike suspension, well of course, butas bulsa mu sa presyo ng shock palang hehe

sa seat width naman, it will depend on the width of your seat bones, there are big people with narrow seatbones and lean people with wide seatbones, the only way to check is to use the A$$OMETER... yep, im not kidding, Specialized developed this contraption to accurately measure the size of your A$$ er rather the width of your seat bones hehe but MAXBUWAYA

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hmm wala na yung item, racer ba o mtbike yun? looks like a mtbike from your definition, anyway it looks like a good buy naman, anyway here are some misconceptions on suspension bikes
    - full susp bikes are for downhill only. not necessarily, although the extreme sport of downhill or dh has brought about most if not all innovations on suspensioned biking. stiff or no susp will only be advantageous on flat surfaces

- full susp bikes are not race worthy. we've come to the age where racing car and motorcycle susp are now being applied to bike susp, brands like curnutt, manitou, fox etc are now big names on bike suspension, well of course, butas bulsa mu sa presyo ng shock palang hehe

sa seat width naman, it will depend on the width of your seat bones, there are big people with narrow seatbones and lean people with wide seatbones, the only way to check is to use the A$$OMETER... yep, im not kidding, Specialized developed this contraption to accurately measure the size of your A$$ er rather the width of your seat bones hehe but MAXBUWAYA is right, find seats that have cuts for the family jewels, naku invest in good saddles baka di tayo maging tatay niyan

always wear a helmet! happy riding!

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    A good documentary about cycling. I wish I'm still healthy enough to do this. I can't say young enough because one of the cyclist with Kara is 71 years old.

The documentary shows the challenges and perils of doing this long journey. One thing I liked is that each one have a mission/objective why they biked 400 kms, including Kara.

It's inspiring.

https://youtu.be/t0nJTnMhKIw?si=ESFg0qyE7aiSAgSx
    Last edited by BratPAQ; February 26th, 2024 at 08:48 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    A good documentary about cycling. I wish I'm still healthy enough to do this. I can't say young enough because one of the cyclist with Kara is 71 years old.

The documentary shows the challenges and perils of doing this long journey. One thing I liked is that each one have a mission/objective why they biked 400 kms, including Kara.

It's inspiring.

https://youtu.be/t0nJTnMhKIw?si=ESFg0qyE7aiSAgSx
    Yan na ang uso ngayon, long rides, sometimes multi-day, mga tipong Manila-Bicol. Search Ian How on YT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
cycling