New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Why do foreigners think they know better! We don't go to their country to protest. Heck if we did, we'd probably get locked up while here, these guys get treated with kiddie gloves. If he's here to attend a human rights conference, then he shouldn't be involved in a protest on the SONA.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by romeocharlie View Post
    Dapat yang si renato reyes pinapatapon sa mindanao, siya itong pasimuno ng mga rally na wala naman kakwenta kwenta..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yan ang stepping stone ng mga leftist to join congress and have a taste of pork

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kailangan deportation sabay tatak sa passport "Persona non grata in the Republic of the Philippines"...

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATED) – He couldn’t just leave; he would have to be deported.

Thomas van Beersum, the Dutch who joined a rally in protest of the President’s State of the Nation Address (SONA) in July, was prevented by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) from flying out of the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Tuesday morning, August 6.

Atty Tonette Mangrobang, spokesperson for the BI, told Rappler that Beersum had been on the bureau’s blacklist for visa violations.

A summary deportation order was issued against him on August 1, said Mangrobang. This means he will not be allowed to enter the Philippines again after he is allowed to leave.

After his deportation papers were processed late afternoon, Beersum told reporters: “I’d rather not say anything. My action is public knowledge.”

He has been booked for the next available flight on Wednesday, August 7.

“I just want to have some sleep while on board the plane bound for Netherlands,” Beersum said.

Beersum was holding a tourist visa to attend International Conference on Human Rights and Peace in the Philippines.

During his stay, he attended an anti-SONA rally on July 22 near the Batasan complex, where he was photographed confronting PO1 Joselito Sevilla, who had reportedly pushed rallyists away. The cop cried and photos and videos of the incident became viral.

“As a tourist, Beersum cannot engage in activities like that, which is contrary to the very of nature” of his stated purpose for coming to the Philippines, Mangrobang told Rappler.

Beersum was lining up at the immigration area for his 8 am China Southern Airline flight CZ378. However, “upon scanning his passport, [it appeared] he was included in the black list,” the BI spokesperson said.

“A BI officer asked him to step aside as he needed to secure clearance from the BI before he would be allowed to get out of the country,” Rey Cortez of the National Union of Peoples' Lawyers (NUPL), Beersum’s lawyer, told Rappler.

Beersum was travelling with his girlfriend. The girl was allowed to get on the plane.

As of posting time, Beersum was still at the BI intelligence office, where Cortez said he had not been allowed to enter to talk to Beersum "even after we invoked his right to counsel."

Immigration intelligence officer Wilson Soluren said Beersum was held for questioning pending deportation. He was placed in the bureau's blacklist as persona non grata.

Soluren explained to Beersum that he violated the condition of his stay as a foreign tourist when he engaged in political activities.

The bureau’s data revealed that Beersum, 21, had been admitted to the Philippines twice – on July 1, 2011, and on June 3, 2013. He was granted a 21-day tourist visa on second visit.

Soluren said that van Beersum applied his tourist visa at the Philippine embassy in Netherlands and was granted on April 8, 2013.

[b]The Bagong Alyansang Makabayan (Bayan) denounced Beersum's detention, demanding respect for his rights and his immediate release;/b]. – Rappler.com[/quote]
    Last edited by Monseratto; August 6th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2012
    tama... huwag na yang pabalikin dito.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsolt View Post
    tama... huwag na yang pabalikin dito.
    No,dapat syang pagbalikin at doon mag observe ng human right violation sa Mindanao in cooperation withCHR

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    ah... sa mga ampatuan saka sa basilan/jolo. hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    At 21 years old, I am wondering what his role is with his stated purpose of coming here which is to attend a conference on human rights. He wouldn't have finished university at his age and I doubt if he would have a lot of experience on the subject so he couldn't have been a delegate of some sort. Maybe he's a volunteer? They do have a lot of bleeding hearts out there. Perhaps he is an interested individual who came to observe? Nevertheless, I am glad he has been blacklisted. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I-return to sender na yan....
    Last edited by vinj; August 7th, 2013 at 09:44 AM.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    buti hindi niya sinisigawan yung nagfingerprint sa kanya.

Saw this on UKG earlier, there was a discussion afterwards as to why hinuli pa e pauwi na pala, gobyerno pa daw ang gagastos sa pagpapauwi sa kanya, etc. etc. ...

i found it very disappointing for a TV news network that is supposed to stand for principles and rule of law. It's like saying, wag na hulihin yung estafador, or pedophile na foreigner sa airport, tutal pauwi na naman siya

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Why do foreigners think they know better! We don't go to their country to protest. Heck if we did, we'd probably get locked up while here, these guys get treated with kiddie gloves. .

Pinays in HK.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast