New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Is anybody here a member of CFC?

Me and my wife have been invited to attend a CFC gathering. I'm curious about what activities are being done, if it's all worthwhile or just a waste of time.

Can anybody share their experiences, if any?

Thanks...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That would depend on your personal beliefs if you will like CFC or not.

May isang activity ang CFC, yung Gawad Kalinga 777...

They are adopting communities, building homes and providing livelihood for our less fortunate brothers and sisters.

Bukas nandoon ako sa GK777 sa former Smokey Mountain. Supported kasi ng UST ang GK777 in the form of providing health care and support to the community.

May prof. ako na member ng CFC. Nung pinaliwanag niya sakin ang CFC sobrang natuwa ako. It does not only involve you and your wife, but also your kids as well...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    OTEP,

Actually, interesado ako don. Lalo na dahil involved nga din yung bata. Gusto ko kase magkaron din ng spiritual awareness yung anak ko

Gusto ko lang malaman kung meron bang mga members din dito para mag-share ng mga maganda o pangit na experience nila doon. That's all.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    one thing's for sure..if you wanna grow spiritually, this group will really help..

don't think abt good or bad experiences cus there will always be both! ;) what's important is that you joined to serve, not to just gain any experiences.

i particularly love the retreats and the conferences being held yearly..too bad i wasn't able to join in ormoc..

i know this doesn't help much pero eto lang mas-share ko..good luck and god bless! rejoice for the Lord is calling you..

miss ko tuloy SFC unit ko..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    kami ng wife ko active members ng Couples for Christ. Before member kami ng Singles for Christ. tapos nung kinasal kami nag move on kami sa CFC. It has ministries that caters to all ages, there's Kids for Christ (KFC), Youth for Christ (YFC), Singles for Christ (SFC), Hand-Maids of the Lord (HOLD), Servants of the Lord (SOLD).

7391N, I believe you are being invited to a Christian Life Program (CLP). It starts with an orientation session, then goes through 12 weekly meetings. Each meeting me talk on different topics tapos me grouping afterwards where you will be discussing/sharing your thoughts and experiences. The meetings last 1-2 hours. I know at first, medyo 12 weeks is too long pero try nyo muna attending the orientation and 1st 3 talks tapos decide kung itutuloy mo yung program.

Regarding Gawad Kalinga 777, korek si Boss Otep. isa yan sa mga projects ng CFC and its ministries. 777 means 700,000 houses, 700 areas, in 7 years. I've personally experienced building houses in our GK area in (Prayer Mountain in Antipolo) and also teaching kids in that area. Its not just an outreach program na 1 shot lang ang giving but a continuous program to help our less fortunate brothers and sisters.

Activities: we have conferences, retreats, sportfest, concerts, etc.

I would suggest try niyo ng wife mo yung CLP. Ibang klase yung experience.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Is there any money involved? I mean, did you pay some sort of membership fee or something?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung retreat house sa prayer mountain kilala ko nagpagawa niyan. May pinapatayo na naman ata siyang bagong prayer mountain. :D

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    walang bayad yung pag attend ng CLP, usually masarap pa merienda. when you finish the program and decide to join Couples For Christ, wala din entrance or joining fee. the CLP is usually held in the church or community centers. not like in other groups where it is held out of town kaya may gastos.
    akala mo lang matagal yung 11 weeks but before you know it natapos mo na. you'll learn a lot as well as enjoy it especially when you get to be close with other participants. try the first 3 meetings then from there decide if you want to finish the program. good luck.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Please just dont drive like a CFC member hehe (paumanhin po)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    yeah walang bayad ang pag join ang CFC.

Otep- Pagawa ata yun nung german priest who financed the construction of the place. Dapat nga mag ka church na dun kasi ang layo ng simbahan sa mga tao dun.

Couples for Christ