New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Ewan ko kung tama ang term pero, ano-ano po ba ang kailangan kong i-check pagnagpa-"pre delivery inspection" (ala kotse) na bago i-turn over sa akin yung unit? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, it helps if you have a layout or diagram of the unit with you when you inspect, plus a list or schedule of finishes --- these should be provided to you along with the Contract to Sell and Master Deed with Declaration of Restrictions.

If you have a friend who's an architect or interior designer, bring him/her with you.

1. Check the flooring if it is nice and even. If parquet flooring is used, make sure none of the pieces are loose.
    2. Check the fixtures installed in the kitchen and the bathroom for leaks.
    3. Test all the light switches.
    4. If your unit comes with kitchen cabinets, check that the hinges are properly fitted and not loose.
    5. Check the hinges of the doors and the doorknobs.
    6. Check the application of the paint for the walls and the ceiling.
    7. Measure the area of the condo unit if it's consistent with the area declared by the Developer-Seller in the Contract to Sell. A discrepancy of 1-2 sqm is fine. But, anything greater, you can ask for an adjustment of the purchase price or withdraw from the sale altogether.
    8. If you bought the unit with parking, check the location of the parking slot.
    9. Determine the location of the fire exit nearest to your unit.
    10. Check all electric outlets, phone outlets, cable, etc.

Remember, if you've accepted your unit, your association dues and liability for real property taxes start already.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Well, it helps if you have a layout or diagram of the unit with you when you inspect
    do you mean the "official" floor plan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453
    plus a list or schedule of finishes --- these should be provided to you along with the Contract to Sell and Master Deed with Declaration of Restrictions.
    Ok, will keep this in mind.
    If you have a friend who's an architect or interior designer, bring him/her with you.
    Will CEs do?
    Remember, if you've accepted your unit, your association dues and liability for real property taxes start already.
    Yup, I was told this during my last visit. Hopefully their letter asking me to go and inspect coincides with my next days off/leave/vacation.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    their letter finally arrived, but had to ask them for a later schedule as I am still unavailable at the moment.
    with regards to the floor plan, do they (developers) usually readily hand this out or do I have to go to a certain government building agency?
    tia.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    double post
    Last edited by B2Bomber; August 28th, 2008 at 12:00 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    useful din ba yung check your neighbor/condo mate?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    don't forget to check the condo/building itself.
    it will be a pita to accept a unit in a building that is not completely done.
    if you have a wife and kids, would you be willing to let them ride in a cramped elevator with construction workers? would you be willing to wait 15 minutes for an elevator? would you want to live in a place where construction is still on going (dirt and noise)?

be especially wary if dealing with empire east daw, but ive experienced this even with megaworld. no such problems so far with ayala or g&w.

Condo Turnover Guides