New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    im using nike free..sa gym..during running..or whtever..kung pang porma..sneakers talaga so i use asic yung sleek..kaya sikat sya sa europe..
    try it bro..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dreamt of buying a Nike Free 5.0 for years!! Very expensive nga lang sila.

Was able to buy a pair for my wife dahil naka sale, and a pink pair for my kid kasi sale ulit.

Di ko na makatiis at bumili na rin ako this Christmas a pair for me. Hindi sale.

All I can say is that whenever I wear those shoes for gym or for walking, I can hear my feet say "Aaaahhhhh! Sarap!".

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    nike free... comfortable talaga sya. biruin mo eh pwedeng mag 360 degrees. Pero medyo duda lang ako sa durability nya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    nagsasale kaya sila ng nike free sa mamplasan? sabi kasi may sale lagi dyan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    yes they do, actually the one in mamplasan is an outlet store so most, if not all shoes are discounted already, now when it comes to nike frees, it depends if they receive some stocks, I've seen some nike frees on sale at sports warehouse in libis and market market, both are outlet shops. I highly recommend Asics, especially the 2000 series, one of my favorite shoes to wear, very comfy.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I've had Girbaud canvas sneakers for about 7 years. Cheap but good, they're always comfortable to walk around in. The last pair I bought was PhP1200 I think, and they stand up to a lot of abuse. If it weren't for the worn-out soles I'd still be wearing my first pair.

Puma's Speed Cats are also good but be warned, their sizing assumes you have narrow feet. I have the full-leather version (not suede). Great as driving shoes.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im shopping for a pair right now since we walk quite a lot here... I like the feel of the Free but Nike has failed me time and again in the durability department... I'm talking about wearing the same pair of shoes 4-6 days a week walking 1hr-3hrs daily...

I like the new KG sneakers but low cut lang sana hmm...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    go get yourself a pair of saucony and youll know what comfort is
    i just dont know if its locally available thou

new balance is good too

these are the most comfy sneakers ive tried but they arent meant for fashion concious like nike or addidas

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Im shopping for a pair right now since we walk quite a lot here... I like the feel of the Free but Nike has failed me time and again in the durability department... I'm talking about wearing the same pair of shoes 4-6 days a week walking 1hr-3hrs daily...

I like the new KG sneakers but low cut lang sana hmm...
    Don't get a pair of Nike Frees if you plan to use them outdoors; their relatively flimsy construction means they're most likely meant to be used on indoor conditions only.

I use my Nike Free 5.0 v2 exclusively at the gym. No outdoor use.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sheep: I agree, I had a pair a looong time ago and they were awesome, but the "running shoes" design doesn't really suit my needs as I need something rather plain (1-2 colors only) that I can use daily, not for sports... But even then, I don't see a lot of Saucony shops here in SG as well... NB are quite plentiful, though... Might get another pair if necessary... They're almost always on sale here, ditto with Mizunos.

I actually dropped by Nike first and tried the Free line... I don't like them that much, they're much too tight for me near the instep of my foot and I don't like that at all. I tried bending it to see where the spots could possible break first and the outer skin doesn't look that durable at all.

Good thing I kinda browsed through this thread and saw Bogeyman's post above and it made me more aware that that really isn't the shoe for me.

The Nike salesguy was quite honest about it as well, told me that if I want something comfy to use daily including running and long cement walks, their normal running shoes will be ideal, not the Free line.

So I went to Adidas instead as Nike doesn't have any models that I found attractive (and the durability thing still bothers me for 3-4K a pair of shoes).

I really wanted a pair of Garnett or Duncan but I don't play ball (at the most, I shoot 21 alone hehe) and high-cut won't really do me much good when it rains here (quite often)... I've always wanted the classic Superstars, but they're stiff and heavy for daily grinds.

I did mention "another pair", as I just bought myself a pair of Adidas Vanamo M Climacools...

They're pretty nice, simple design and very light/cool... Twin velcro makes it easy for me as well.

Here are a couple of shots of the Adidas Vanamo M's...

They have helluvalot of soccer shoes here, though, they seem to clear the shelves like hotcakes.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
comfortable sneakers/running shoes?