New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Mind.

Practical ako eh. I always consider the factors that affect my choice of vehicle.

I live within my means and always put premium on purpose rather than form.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Use your mind to protect your heart, you can learn how to love, but your loved ones will not guaranty to love you back.
    Wow ang lalim.

The 2010 Altis was not my first choice. I wanted an FD civic. My Mom wanted an Altis for me because it was a Toyota pero pinaglalaban ko Civic until one wise forumer advised me to let my Mom decide since she is paying at kung magkaproblema yun Altis wala siyang masasabi unlike kung ako masunod sa Civic. True enough e lemon yung aircon ng Altis ko and now I would make side comments with my Mom na if it were a Civic wala siguro problema Hahaha But I have learned to love my Altis.

Another factor pa kung Montero Manual kung Altis Automatic. I wanna try an AT na kasi.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Not to burst your bubble, but this one is a fact.

The new diesels of today will be a target for ASBU teams in the coming years. I've seen new/latest model Starex vans being pulled over SSHWAY by Makati ASBU.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'm in a really big dilemma in choosing my next vehicle.

My heart is really with the Montero GLX M/T (1,290,000). I have wanted this vehicle from as far back as when I got my Altis in 2010. When I was recently given a chance by my family to justify my getting an SUV, I was very ecstatic about it as I could finally get a Montero. But then I started reading about the horror stories on the after sales service of Mitsubishi so now I am having second thoughts about the car that I really want. The Fortuner is beyond budget and I really don't like the looks. The Hilux is an option but based on the feedback I got, it's not such a good pick up (matagtag) and I did not like it so much too when I went to the showroom.

My mind goes for the new full model change Altis G A/T coming next year (less than 900,000 +) I am a Toyota fan and I will definitely have peace of mind if I get an Altis. I also have nothing but good things to say about Toyota Pasig. I know that if I get a car at Toyota Pasig that my car (and I) will be taken cared of and I will have no difficulty claiming warranty. I also get to save money if I get an Altis because I would assume that the base model or G model would not reach the 1.2M mark naman, plus I will get to own an AT vehicle since my current Altis is a manual.

so in choosing a car, do you go for what you desire (heart) or what is practical (mind)?

Baka type mo Sis, sa Friend ko.

950K, GLX 2011 model
    Last edited by Noel Salisipan; September 4th, 2013 at 02:01 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Heart. But as much as I want to follow it, my wallet still gets the last laugh.

If you can afford the Montero, kunin mo na. I'm pretty sure there are dealers out there that perform better than those who have bad reps.

Sa recent recall ng Montero, madali naman pinalitan ng mga dealer yun mga defect. No nonsense.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Noel, maganda sir pero ang taas ng mileage. Hehe. I need brand new and I don't want a black car kasi..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I'm in a really big dilemma in choosing my next vehicle.

My heart is really with the Montero GLX M/T (1,290,000). I have wanted this vehicle from as far back as when I got my Altis in 2010. When I was recently given a chance by my family to justify my getting an SUV, I was very ecstatic about it as I could finally get a Montero. But then I started reading about the horror stories on the after sales service of Mitsubishi so now I am having second thoughts about the car that I really want. The Fortuner is beyond budget and I really don't like the looks. The Hilux is an option but based on the feedback I got, it's not such a good pick up (matagtag) and I did not like it so much too when I went to the showroom.

My mind goes for the new full model change Altis G A/T coming next year (less than 900,000 +) I am a Toyota fan and I will definitely have peace of mind if I get an Altis. I also have nothing but good things to say about Toyota Pasig. I know that if I get a car at Toyota Pasig that my car (and I) will be taken cared of and I will have no difficulty claiming warranty. I also get to save money if I get an Altis because I would assume that the base model or G model would not reach the 1.2M mark naman, plus I will get to own an AT vehicle since my current Altis is a manual.

so in choosing a car, do you go for what you desire (heart) or what is practical (mind)?
    In choosing a car, I use my mind. Let my wife decide what see wants. Sabi nga nila, a happy wife means a happy life.

Re: Monty GLX MT or Altis G AT.

Cath I think 1,198,000 yata yung GLX MT ng Montero. If I were you, I'll probably get a Montero since gusto mo talaga yun. You still have a relatively new Altis di ba? Para maiba naman. Only thing that's keeping you from getting it are casa horror stories. Lahat naman ng brands have their own shares of horror stories. Kelangan lang natin talaga ng ingat and maging vigilant.

Have you read this thread: Toyota Alabang CASA really SUCKS!!!!
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...y-sucks-47130/
    http://tsikot.com/forums/toyota-cars...my-vios-73052/

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I always use my mind. With how hard it is these days to make a living, I need to stretch every bit that I earn.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Oh yeah sorry 1.198 nga lang yung Manual and that is as far as I could stretch it.

Sobra bait kasi ng mga tao sa Toyota Pasig kaya napapaisip ako. Parang may peace of mind ako sa Altis pero may masaya ako sa Montero. Hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Biro mo magbabayad ka ng almost 1M kasi mabait yung tao sa Toyota Pasig. Ganun na pala kamahal kabaitan ng ibang tao sayo ngayon?

Kidding aside though, Montero na talaga. Sanay ka naman sa manual, di naman yan hassle para sayo sigurado. And what are the odds that I can see a girl driving a Montero.... in Manual !

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast