New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Class C and A ang meron morse code exam dati, wala sa Class B.

ako swerte, nag exam ako sa class D, promoted agad sa Class C ;)
    from early 90's to the late 90's, from class C to A morse code is required. 5wpm for class C, 8wpm for class B and 10wpm for class A. fyi.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nung nag exam ako last year, yung kasama kong nag take ng Class B exam, walang morse code. kaming mga nagexam ng Class D, nag take din kami for Class C, which is purely morse code, nakatunganga lang kaming lahat
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Most of those who posted here are obviously Amateur Radio operators. Ungas, boybi and zeourx, do you mind posting your Ham Radio callsigns? Ok lang PM kung ayaw nyong mabawasan privacy nyo.

Just wondering ... maybe we know each other personally. I already know amboy, who is a well-known Ham from the North.

So badkuk, what's new? Did you get your feet wet in Ham or CB radio?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Im really considering going back to this hobby. Been crazy with cb radios back in my college days....that was more than 20 years ago...l'm looking for a 2nd hand ham radio....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    bumping this thread. Seems timely after typhoon Yolanda. Somebody brought up the possibility of including ham radio operation as part of the curriculum for disaster response. imho, no harm in doing so.

Sorry my ham radio knowhow is quite dull: if you don't have a license, you can only listen in on the frequencies, but not be able to talk to anyone, right?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Puwede ka pa ring sumagot, bro.... Basta observe courtesy and protocol lang...

DU1-IJA here....

21.5K:toothbr1:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I remember we had a DU6-***-something way back. We are still using VHF in the province.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    An old hobby of mine as well... back in high school (late 80's to early 90's). I was on 2-meters and probably just one of the few 'geeks' that truly appreciated the hobby in all of its technicalities. Others are just along for social purposes (eyeballs and generally fooling around with pointless debates and banter)... those who don't know "squelch" from "frequency shift". While others are just plain idiots (jammers).

I confess that I didn't had an amateur license to operate any of my radios (Icom 02AT, 02N and 28H), but in my defense, I did observe proper protocol. I tried to secure a Class C license (and actually passed the written and Morse code exams) but I didn't pursue it. Why? In the words of Napoles; "I can't remember, your honor.." Must be my studies in the way or some other nonsense, I think. :D

I was reasonably active up until around '92-93, right about the time when my hobby shifted to dialup BBS. But the hobby officially died in the storm of 1995 (Typhoon Rosing), when it tore out my 70-ft. Ringo Ranger II antenna. I eventually lost interest and sold all my ham equipment shortly afterwards.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    What really got me interested here was a news report about how Ham radio volunteers coordinated disaster relief efforts after hurricane Katrina(and probably countless other disasters). i've never heard about the role they played before or since that report. Talk about unsung heroes

i also read somewhere that it's now possible to use the internet to "bounce" HAM radio signals across areas that radio signals won't go(between mountain ranges?). That is just so retro cool.

10. Join Date
    May 2011
    DU1 MCI here. Still got my 28H and repeater but barely used anymore. I know of a hospital using a repeater here so if it will be really a necessity in the future, I will still have these VHF radios to rely on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
CB/HAM radio: where to start