New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    A woman missed her flight at the boarding gate HKIA

HONG KONG (AFP) – Cathay Pacific announced it had apologised to a passenger whose hysterical tantrum after missing a flight from Hong Kong has clocked close to five million hits on YouTube.

Cathay said it had identified the member of its staff who took a mobile telephone video of the woman passenger on February 4.

The video found its way to YouTube and has since become one of the site's most popular clips ever. It has been featured in news reports and TV shows across the world.

The three-minute video starts with the screaming woman running towards the departure gate and bouncing off a female security guard at the Hong Kong airport.

She then starts banging a desk before collapsing to the floor and rolling around, while maintaining a high-pitched wail.

"We have conveyed the findings of our inquiry to the passenger concerned, and her family, and have issued an apology for the inconvenience and embarrassment she may have suffered as a result," a Cathay spokeswoman said.

She said the person who posted the video on YouTube was not a member of staff and that the employee who had recorded the incident had been disciplined.

The airline offered the passenger seat upgrades and air miles, and she had not sought compensation from Cathay, the spokeswoman said.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    monseratto, the subtitles in the video link you posted were not too good. the following is a better version:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50nNQdgkpTE"]YouTube - Tantrum in Hong Kong Int'l Airport (Subtitled)[/ame]

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Hahaha! First time siguro makasakay ng aeroplane di nya alam dapat 4hrs before nandun ka na dapat pag intl flight. lol.

what a stupid woman (and husband). Imagine choosing someone insane like that. hehehe.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    So why the hell is she whining like that? any reason?
    Is it a matter of life or death?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Hahaha! First time siguro makasakay ng aeroplane di nya alam dapat 4hrs before nandun ka na dapat pag intl flight. lol.
    Actually in other countries, you can get through in about under two hours. Only in our backward international airports do you need to wait longer than your flight's actual duration of flight.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    So why the hell is she whining like that? any reason?
    Is it a matter of life or death?
    Might be an expensive tour package.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I heard if you cause a scene like that in the US, and you're black, they'd tazer you...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hhhmmmm.... I am wondering why she did that?.......

7606:mobile1:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually in other countries, you can get through in about under two hours. Only in our backward international airports do you need to wait longer than your flight's actual duration of flight.
    I've experienced that before. I checked in 1 hr before the flight (going to Saudi via Doha). Yung counter ng Qatar Airways sa NAIA, sarado na. Nung una, ayaw na akong entertain-in nung crew nila. Sabi nila, late na raw ako, dapat daw 2 hrs before, nasa airport na ako. Pero nung makita nila ticket ko, Business Class, pinatuloy na rin nila ako.

So kung nasa Economy lang ako, bye-bye na ako.

Pero definitely.....di ako maglulupasay......

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Akala ko totoo yung typed-in dialogue hindi pala :hysterical:

I'm still laughing my head off especially the part when she allegedly said that she wailed so much she pissed in her pants hahaha!

Loko talaga yung mga gumawa nito.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Cathay apologises over passenger tantrum clip