New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    There is a new tend in the US now. You can trade in your old car and get a new one with a $3500 - $4500 rebate!

In order to get the $3,500 rebate, a new passenger car must get at the least 22 miles per gallon, no matter what the old car's gas mileage is. The stipulation is this, the new vehicle's MPG rate has to be at least 4 miles more per gallon than the one you are trading in. So if you have an old ford, that gets 20 miles per gallon, the new car you choose to purchase must get 24 miles per gallon to qualify. If you improve your gas mileage by at least 10 MPG you qualify for the $4,500 rebate. There are different requirements for each vehicle type. If you are planning on buying a Light-Duty, Large Light-Duty, or Commercial Truck there is a link in the resources section below to help you determine how to get the Cash for Clunkers rebate for this type of vehicle purchase.
    - CNN
    Sana mangyari din ito sa atin dito. Wish ko lang!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that program was almost killed this weekend

sa sobra popular ng US govt program na yan, the $1B budget was quickly exhausted

the House approved an additional $2B

waiting for Senate approval nalang

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    the old car must be 18 mpg or less to qualify and different requirements for other types. i saw a sad report on a senior who spent hours looking for a car only to be told later that her old lincoln towncar has a combined rating of 19 mpg and does not qualify.

a neighbor of mine got the rebate by bringing her old dying explorer with 200+K miles for a nissan rogue. worked well for her since the value of the explorer was only a few hundred.

some dealers even matched the rebate for a possible $9K off!

i was at a nissan dealership and according to one rep, they were open til 5am the day the news came out regarding possible suspension of the rebate.

Cash for Clunkers Rabate