New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Taken with cellphone cameras

Believe me guys, this Brazilian VW Kombi is newer than 2005, and remains on duty.

Chedeng

VW-based rear-engined MG TD replica, made in Brazil with a fiberglass body.

Volvo truck

Land Rover from Brazilian Army

'48 Mercury Eight in Arroio do Sal, a small town in southern Brazil

My uncle's '50 Simca 8

2nd-gen Honda Legend coupe. I took this picture in Florianópolis, Brazil

Brazilian Army ambulance

Small Opel Kadett-based ambulances were more common in Brazil, but now are becoming rare. I spotted this one in Pelotas, a Brazilian city near the Uruguayan border.

and this one in Porto Alegre, my hometown

Chevy Silverado 2500 made in Argentina, with a 4.1L inline-6 gasoline-powered engine and 5-speed manual transmission, used by Rio Grande do Sul military police as an ambulance.

Chevy S10 being used by a dealership in Brazil for advertisements

Brazilian VW 1600 4-door sedan, better known nowadays as "Coffin Joe" after José Mojica Marins, a Brazilian filmmaker.

Ford F550 used to refuel small aircrafts at the Salgado Filho International Airport, in Porto Alegre

Only the Brazilian version of the F550 is factory-fitted with Cummins engines...

Auverland A3-based JPX Montez, assembled in Brazil under license from Auverland

'50 Chevy 3100 panel-van

Another Kombi ambulance, this one from Pelotas

Chevrolet 6500 with a Marcopolo bus body

Chinese-made tricycle, these are becoming very common in my hometown because of its cost-effectiveness to handle light cargo in parcel-delivery services

Land Rover ambulance from a private operator

Volkswagen Caddy, a Polo-based van, made in Argentina, used as ambulance in a private university in Brazil

FIAT ambulance spotted by me in the Amazon

Renault ambulance from Carazinho, my dad's hometown.

This other Renault I spotted near the Olímpico Monumental stadium, in Porto Alegre. There is a Renault dealer in the other side of the street...

Ford Courier, Brazilian version, currently one of the most popular vehicles for ambulance conversions in Brazil.

US-spec Suzuki Swift

Agrale TX, a Brazilian truck fitted with an air-cooled 2cyl 1.3L 40ps Hatz diesel engine.

Pontiac Trans Sport that belonged to my dad. Now he rides a Renault Logan so ugly that I don't feel motivated to take a picture.

FIAT Doblò, currently one of the vehicles more used as ambulance in Rio Grande do Sul. If FIAT would return to the Philippines, this model would be successful due to its AUV-look.

'69 Puma GT, Brazilian sports car with a fiberglass body and Volkswagen driveline.

C6 Vette, no introduction needed for this legend

Bumblebee

Willys All-Steel Station-Wagon, known in Brazil as "Rural" - this front-end was exclusive to the Brazilian version.

Chevrolet Brazil 3100, retrofitted with a diesel engine and a wooden bed, more suitable to work than the sheetmetal bed.

VW-based tricycle in the parking lot of Koxixos snack-bar, in Florianópolis, Brazil. IMHO this is one of the best places to take vehicle pictures in the world.

VW baja-bug. I spotted this one in my street about 3 years ago.

Herbie

Kombi used as taxi in my hometown, with a 3-seater bench and a wheelchair restraint system in the rear compartment.

Hippie Kombi

I see this one nearly every Sunday in a park near my apartment

This one is from an Uruguayan restaurant

Oh no, not another... Kombi... Yes, they are everywhere in Brazil

But modern European-designed vans such as the FIAT Ducato are also common.

'51 De Soto truck with a Slant-6 engine, never restored

Honda motorcycle with a tricycle conversion kit

Peugeot 504. It has an unibody but surprisingly this one had the bed side panels replaced by wooden ones.

Vespas are not so common here anymore, but there are some well-preserved ones

One of the coolest Honda CBX250 I've ever seen.

Harley-Davidson from Brazilian Army

Suzuki DR800 with a weird color scheme

Suzuki V-Strom, one of the coolest touring motorcycles. I still have a desire to convert one of these to run on biodiesel, replacing its engine with a Chinese V-Twin diesel engine.

I spotted this R1 in a former Suzuki dealer

A tricycle with Volkswagen EA-827 engine

Suzuki Boulevard

Suzuki DR650

Russian Muravey tricycle, spotted in Brazil

Brazilian Gurgel Carajás, VW-based SUV from the 80's.

Brazilian Army Toyota ambulance, still on duty

Citroën C4 Pallas/C-Triomphe

2nd-gen Renault Mégane, this one uses a flexfuel engine able to run either on pure gasoline, pure ethanol, or any blend of both, developed for the Brazilian market.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
CARS of South America