New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I did some research regarding jpepa and it seems tariff rates on vehicles with engines displacement of 3 liters and above will go down from the present 30% to 0% effective 2010. Tariff rates for vehicles with less than 3 liter engine displacement will go down from 20% to 0%

But it also states that the Philippine government can re-negotiate to defer 0% tariff for vehicles with 3 liter or more engine displacement.

If the Philippine government does not re-negotiate, it seems there will be a reduction on car prices.

This applies to vehicles originating from Japan.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    So mga JDM vehicles lang? I assume Thailand made Japanese branded cars are not included?

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yep, JDM. Thai made Jap brand cars not included. So, hmm...Accord/Pilot, Lexus?, Subaru?, Prado comes to mind.
    You think they'll pass on the cheaper price to the end consumers? I'll ruin their price scales...
    So I think they won't.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The very expensive Rav4 will finally get lower prices.

I think basta CBU Japan, sakop siya nito.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Yep, JDM. Thai made Jap brand cars not included. So, hmm...Accord/Pilot, Lexus?, Subaru?, Prado comes to mind.
    You think they'll pass on the cheaper price to the end consumers? I'll ruin their price scales...
    So I think they won't.
    Oo nga, you raised a valid point. This will create chaos in the pricing of cars sold locally since a lot of Japanese cars are made in Thailand. Will the car companies simply pocket the custom's duty savings? That is a substantial windfall profit per vehicle.

This year alone, customs duties for jdm vehicles are down from 29% to 20% already. The question is which models sold locally are imported from Japan? I think carmakers even raised prices this year bec. of the stronger yen, I suppose.

One car advertised as being made in Japan is Teana. I sure have not heard any price reduction from Nissan.

Besides RAV4, I think, Prado, Previa, Land Cruiser, Teana are CBU Japan I think. What other models are CBU Japan? What about yung Lexus?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Suzuki Swift might probably sell in Vios 1.3 teritory...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    i think another made in japan car is the lancer ex. . .if it becomes cheaper, we may see more of it in the streets of manila =)

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Suzuki,Subaru and some Mitsubishi cars come to mind. Swift, Forester, and Outlander prospective buyers would rejoice by this development.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Finally some overrated pricey vehicles na CBU's tag will be cut a bit

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm, JDM Nissan Skyline GTR at 30% off anyone?

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
Car prices may be lowered in 2010 bec of JPEPA