New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I remember this movie about a long race but i didnt know race for what or why. Then Ive read this article and realize that this is fun (and dangerous). Sana may ganito rin pinoy version kahit luzon lang, from pagudpod to matbog, sorsogon city. according to google maps thats 1135 km, gano katagal kaya yan?. I love driving and i would definitely enjoy this though im on the more leisurely phase, yun nga lang magastos hehe.

read the story here for the latest guy who beat the record of cannonball run at 28 hours 50 minutes.

Meet The Guy Who Drove Across The U.S. In A Record 28 Hours 50 Minutes

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Yung sa petron challenge dati. Palayuan ng abot ng 1 full tank ng gas.

Meron manila-matnog-manila na run pero for bikes. 24 hour challenge.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    meron na nan, i forgot what it was called. sa motorcycle ironman challenge ang tawag sa 4wheels di ko matandaan pero some of my friends joined in 2009 ata nanalo daw yung genesis coupe.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Long time Car and Driver readers will know that the original Cannonball run was conceived by Brock Yates, one of it's editors. It was really zany in those days as you'd have guys going for outright speed while there were those who would rely on stealth (i.e. a modified ambulance, wagons full of radio monitoring antennas, etc.). One of the Car and Driver eds (John Philips i think) also did a coast-to-coast run, non stop using a VW Jetta diesel with additional fuel tanks and a rigged-up urinal system. (Man i miss those old C&D days...). The Cannonball Run of Car and Driver evolved into a annual event that was formally organized with the participants driving a route that covered a number of race tracks around the US where they would do their performance runs (The One Lap of America).

BOSS BMW Ironman Challenge is similar although it is not advertised as a race. My Tito joined one of their inaugural runs in his 1200GS Adventure. The real challenge is more on endurance wherein you have to finish the run within 24 hours.

I recall reading an article also on C! Magazine before where one of the energy drink companies had a similar run and the author (Mike Potenciano) was aghast as it was very unsafe to do so. I'd be against something like a cannonball run here as the general motoring public will be put at risk due. It's already risky enough to race wheel to wheel in a controlled environment such as a race track, what the on the open road.
    Last edited by vinj; October 31st, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    BOSS BMW Ironman Challenge is similar although it is not advertised as a race. My Tito joined one of their inaugural runs in his 1200GS Adventure. The real challenge is more on endurance wherein you have to finish the run within 24 hours.
    Uncle ni esmi yearly sumasali dyan, pero dun sila sa group category dapat as a group kayo makakatapos within 24hours.

I forgot what year pero may kwento siya before na may individual na sumali aiming na makauna matapos

Uncle left 1.5hr ahead of that guy, inabutan pa din siya sa la union iirc.

30 mins after the guy passed him they found the guy dead sumalpok sa trailer truck.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Uncle ni esmi yearly sumasali dyan, pero dun sila sa group category dapat as a group kayo makakatapos within 24hours.

I forgot what year pero may kwento siya before na may individual na sumali aiming na makauna matapos

Uncle left 1.5hr ahead of that guy, inabutan pa din siya sa la union iirc.

30 mins after the guy passed him they found the guy dead sumalpok sa trailer truck.
    Yan ang mahirap pag nagpumilit beyond one's capabilities. Normally yung nauuna matapos dyan are the seasoned professional riders. Best to join and run your usual pace or just simply enjoy.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yan ang mahirap pag nagpumilit beyond one's capabilities. Normally yung nauuna matapos dyan are the seasoned professional riders. Best to join and run your usual pace or just simply enjoy.
    IIRC that guy is the same winner nung previous year na yun. He wants to keep his streak and win the consecutive year. Unfortunately umabot na siya sa langit sa bilis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    IIRC that guy is the same winner nung previous year na yun. He wants to keep his streak and win the consecutive year. Unfortunately umabot na siya sa langit sa bilis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nauna na nga... sa langit.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Jackie Chan and Jaws in a Starion.

Those girls in a Countach.

And Menudo singing the title theme!

Burt Reynolds days ........

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Jackie Chan and Jaws in a Starion.