New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    i did my first and second draft overnight, natapos ko naman.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me....NO!

ginawa ko yan wednesday night..walang tulugan..submisson was yesterday..medyo nagsisi ako...puros financials pa naman..dami mali...
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there's a reason why they make it a semester-long 'class' :D

i'm not one to talk - we did next to nothing all semester and finally decided to do the full thing from start to finish in seven days. luckily, i had all the data validated, and arranged in a useful format (the thesis was an econometric model) - otherwise, there was absolutely no way we would have even finished a draft.

anyway, by the time you start your thesis, you're in the middle of the dreaded disease 'senioritis' :D you more or less know what your GPA is, you most probably already have a job waiting, and you just want to get that crap over with

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    er, it depends on what your thesis is all about.

if you need to conduct some research, data sampling / survey, statistical analysis - to establish your OWN observation (that is why it is called thesis in the first place) - you can't just do it overnight.

but if you are just going to base all your work on already published books and materials. then you can.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me hell no!

it took me one school year to finish my thesis, (70+ pages).

ok nga yung timetable ng mentor ko. di mo mahahalata na madami ka nang nagawa. tapos pagdating ng defense, cruise control ka na.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    for me its not advisable kasi kahit paano meron pa ding mga revision na dapat gawin. well you can do it overnight but make sure to read and edit it after at least 2 days para clear yung mind mo pag binasa mo ulit.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You know what happens to overnight theses at our school? My coworkers take one look at them and ask the students what schedule they would like for next year's thesis class.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    1 term for the proposal and RRL na, that includes research and data gathering para sa proposal and review of related lit, around 87 pages hehehe

tapos 2nd term (this term yun) tsaka palang kami mag susurvey, tapos defense sa end of term

kaya depende nga siguro sa thesis, if your thesis needs data gathering techniques pa d talaga kakayanin. ang pagsusulat kaya siguro ng overnight or a few days pero ang isusulat mo mismong data ang matagal kunin eh hehehe

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    er, it depends on what your thesis is all about.

if you need to conduct some research, data sampling / survey, statistical analysis - to establish your OWN observation (that is why it is called thesis in the first place) - you can't just do it overnight.

but if you are just going to base all your work on already published books and materials. then you can.
    Agree.

My personal experience is: enrolled the thesis course part of the regular class then dropped it before mid-term. Re-enrolled the next term as the only subject. That way medyo relaxed at hindi rush ang pag-gawa ng thesis. Aside from the documentation may end product kasi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's why yung design project (our version of thesis in Computer Engineering)namin nung 5th yr. was semester long. i had many sleepless nights just finishing a feasible proposal. pagka-approve nung proposal it took us 3 rigorous months to do the program and present a prototype.

pag madali lang siguro yung approved topic sa thesis at kumpleto sa resources kaya isang gabi lang pero walang tulugan. :D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Can/Should THESIS be an overnight project?