New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    langya, di na nakamartsa, pati pala diploma, ayaw i-release ng PMA.......

Cudia's mother begs SC: Let my son graduate | ABS-CBN News

Cudia's mother begs SC: Let my son graduate

MANILA - Cadet 1st Class Aldrin Cudia's mother, Filipina, urged the Supreme Court (SC) on Tuesday to order the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) to release her son's diploma and restore him in the list of the premier military school's graduates.

Accompanied by Cadet Cudia and the rest of the family, Mrs. Cudia filed a petition-in-intervention before the high court to intervene in the case of her son, and attached as additional evidence in the case the findings and recommendations of the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) on its fact-finding investigation into Cadet Cudia's case.

The CHR recommended the following:

- to allow Cudia to graduate;

- for the PMA Honor Committee to uphold the original 8-1 voting on Cudia's case;

- for the PMA to declare Cudia "not guilty" of violation of its Honor Code; and

- for the PMA to restore Cudia's benefits as a PMA cadet.

Also attached in Mrs Cudia's petition-in-intervention is the sworn statement executed by the Head of the Department Naval Warfare of the PMA, Cmdr. Junjie Tabuada, which attested to the fact that Cudia's co-cadet, Cadet 1st Class Dalton Lagura, admitted to him that he (Lagura) changed his "not guilty" vote on Cudia after having been "pressured" by the rest of the Honor Committee members.

"Ang pagpapalit ng boto ay bawal sa Honor Code, at ang Honor Code dapat ipatupad ng may hustisya... Nagtagumpay sila (Honor Committee) pero walang due process."

"The Honor Code should be implemented, applied and upheld with justice, human rights, and dignity. Not mere honor, but justice," Public Attorney's Office (PAO) chief Persida Acosta said.

The PAO is representing the Cudias in the case before the high court.

Cadet Cudia was dishonorably dismissed from the PMA for "lying" about his tardiness in one of his classes.

MOVING ON

Mrs. Cudia said her son wants to move on from this sad chapter in his life, and now intends to pursue law.

Asked if his desire to study law has anything to do with his current battle, Mrs Cudia said, "Siguro po. Gusto po niya kasi talaga mag-aral."

The Cudias are asking the PMA to award Cadet Cudia his diploma so that he can explore other options.

Cadet Cudia was quiet the entire time he was at the SC.

Acosta said he is barred from showing any disrespect to the PMA and the AFP because his status is still a cadet on-leave. Acosta said Cadet Cudia may be charged with insubordination or subjected to Court Martial proceedings if he violated the academy's policies.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me tama lang yan, kung nagsinungaling. Isara na lang PMA kung magkakaroon ng special treatment dito dahil kumukuha na naman ng public sympathy yun pamilya. Rules are rules, before siya pumasok Sa PMA and while he was there alam na niya yun.

Oh baka meron nanaman magsabi ng maraming corrupt na generals na PMAers dapat unahin sila. Pwede ba ito Ang issue ngayon sorry na lang so cudia.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

#retzing

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    For me tama lang yan, kung nagsinungaling. Isara na lang PMA kung magkakaroon ng special treatment dito dahil kumukuha na naman ng public sympathy yun pamilya. Rules are rules, before siya pumasok Sa PMA and while he was there alam na niya yun.

Oh baka meron nanaman magsabi ng maraming corrupt na generals na PMAers dapat unahin sila. Pwede ba ito Ang issue ngayon sorry na lang so cudia.

#retzing

lag-lagan na lang hehehehe.

OT: ang nakakatakot dito ay kung si Cudia ay lapitan ng mga makaliwa, at alukin na sumapi sa kanila.... lapit na aniversary ng NPA, diploma not required.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post

#retzing
    dalawa kasi yung rules na kailangan na i-implement dito...
    1. yung pagsisinungaling ni cudia (no contest)
    2. honor committee original voting results na 8-1 (kung totoo yung pressure na ginawa sa isang co-cadet nya to change from his "not guilty to guilty" verdict ay dapat din silipin ng PMA para magkaroon ng fair judgement)

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pa refresh nga sir.. ano nga yung case ni Cudia? san nag sinungaling at ano yung dinahilan?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Entering the Long Gray Line is not a right but a privilege and so is getting the diploma. He swore into the honor code and had been indoctrinated from day one and he endured over three years from plebehood to a yearling to a cow to a firstie. He should know better.

Nakiki wi-fi lang

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Natural, hindi talaga irelease ang diploma kasi hindi pinayagan mag graduate.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    pa refresh nga sir.. ano nga yung case ni Cudia? san nag sinungaling at ano yung dinahilan?
    http://www.rappler.com/nation/51467-cadet-cudia-appeal

They had a long exam in Operational Research (OR 432) that day. When the bell first rang at 2:55 pm, signalling the class dismissal, Cudia stood up to submit his paper to instructor Maria Monica Costales.

Cudia then asked Costales about his deductions in a previous exam. After the chat, Costales instructed Cudia and some cadets to wait so she can give them their section's grades for the earlier exam.

Two bells rang, signaling that it was already 3 pm, but they were still at the hallway waiting for Costales. There were 5 of them who waited for the instructor and all of them were late for the next class.
    Cudia wrote in his appeal: "I strongly believe that I am not in control of the circumstances, our 4th period class ended 1500H and our 5th period class, which is ENG412, started 1500H also. Immediately after 4th period class, I went to my next class without any intention of being late Sir."
    The bolded are the discrepancy the committee sited. Pero if you try to understand the story you'll see that it's just a wrong choice of words. But lie is still a lie.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    Na-late daw sya sa isang subject, ang reason nya is pinaiwan sya ng teacher. Nung tinanong yung teacher, hindi naman daw totoo.
    Signature

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ay sinungaling pala.. di uubra yan.. kung pina graduate yan.. baka maging corrupt lang yan.. tama yung ginawa nila..

tama mag abogado na lang sya! hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Na-late daw sya sa isang subject, ang reason nya is pinaiwan sya ng teacher. Nung tinanong yung teacher, hindi naman daw totoo.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Cadet Cudia's Mom to PMA: release my son's diploma