New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    And I must say, the content is very good this month. Articles really suffered in the months building up to the release of their Calibre publication, but the current issues are once again top-notch.

Of note:

C! Magazine:
    - Quattro review. Glorious (better than TG) pics of the new TT, but driving impressions a little sparse.
    - 799k Comparo. The big 2006 compact car shootout... guess who won? (Obvious, di ba? )
    - Stavic, Previa, Fortuner... etc.
    - Compact SUV Comparo. Real Compact SUVs, mind you... tall wagons Outlander and Forester not included.

Evo Magazine:
    - Best Front Wheel Drive Car Ever. Bwisit. Wala yung Lynx. Binili ko pa siya para dito!!!
    - Plus the usual other stuff... great pictures!!!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit now lang linabas, patapos na ang september. sana ginawa nalang nilang double issue (sept-oct) para hindi halatang delayed yung issue

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    They wrote in their review columns that the mad dash to release Calibre had affected and delayed everything... I was actually surprised that these are the September issues, because for the first few months, they were a month early.

Oh well... the content was worth the wait.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I WISH they'd "roll back" even the price of this magazine..
    i haven't purchased this mag eversince they increased their prices to Php185..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I honestly think that C!'s P185 offers better value than Top Gear's... Reading the local Top Gear is kinda the same as reading company marketing materials.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, the price is kinda steep... but considering one C! Magazine is twice the size of Topgear and is actually 1.5 magazines in one (C! + F1), plus has better, thicker paper, bigger pics and nicer articles (Topgear has some nice ones, too, but it's still not consistent enough)... I think it's worth it.

Imagine, for P185 last month, you got C!, with the usual F1 insert, PLUS Calibre Magazine... 2.5 magazines for 185 pesos... wahoo!

And Calibre? I'm still drooling over it. Bwisit naman sila... releasing a mag about luxury items I can only dream of...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Local magazine ba yun?? Ang Ganda ng C! Mag ngayon ah... Napilitan akong bumili tuloy! Format, pics, etc... well, except for the compact car article... he he he... ok yung layout, format at reading material. My only complaints on the compact car article was...gee the pics didn't match.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wak! mali nabili ko ... TG nabili ko

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    The September issue of TG isnt so bad. Its the first issue I bought in more than a year and a half. Bought it only for the article on the Fortuner Club but surprisingly some articles are good and more relevant to Pinoys than before.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah, TG's current isn't so bad. But compare content with C! and it doesn't hold up well.

They have good industry support, but sadly, their scoops and exclusives (Pilot, Murano and Civic) have read more like infomercials than reviews.

I, too, have a beef with C!'s compact comparo... who's the slowpoke doing the 0-100 km/h testing? Heck, even my wife could get 9 seconds flat on the Accent!

I know they're trying not to destroy the cars, pero I've noticed some testers get good times, some don't. They should just have the same pilot do the VBOX testing on all the cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
C! and Evo September 2006 Issues finally out!