New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    anyway btt in the philippines i mostly notice this from call center agents. i know there's a lot of hate in this forum to call center agents because of their SC status. but it's the truth, i don't get why they have to have the latest gadgets, branded clothes/bags/watches even thought their making only what 20-30k a month. unlike in other companies most of the mid level employees don't even buy expensive gadgets or think about buying them.
    I have nothing against call center pips but I think the sc status comes from the fact they accept even high school grads. meaning, most of the under grads don't have much (that's why they did not finish school) and when they see money, they have to get the status right away. It's more of a defensive mechanism in my opinion.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    interest rates on savings deposits are now down to 0.75%. inflation rate for the month of june 2013 is 2.8%. so you actually lose money if you put in in the bank. real estate loans now down to 5.25% 1 year fixed and 6.5% 3 years fixed.

i think the thread should be more about buying luxury items or unnecessary items that one "wants" but does not "need".

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    I have a friend that works for the loans department. selling point nila lagi is kapag nagiipon ka for a car or house parang never makakabili dahil sa inflation. Every year taas price Lalo ng car so mahihirapan is Juan Dela Cruz. kunin mo na Oto ngayon pay for 5 years sayo na. parang nagtutulungan lang daw sila ng bank.
    sounds more like pressure sales to me: act now, buy now, bukas wala na to, don't think just buy

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    I have nothing against call center pips but I think the sc status comes from the fact they accept even high school grads. meaning, most of the under grads don't have much (that's why they did not finish school) and when they see money, they have to get the status right away. It's more of a defensive mechanism in my opinion.
    One of my closest friends works at a BPO (first job after college and worked his way up pretty fast) and yes, i agree they kinda spend a lot (at least those that i have met at one time or another). I earn much less than him, i have two kids to send to school, a property to amortize, and yet my financial standings seem to be better. I really berated him the last time since we got together as he still lives in his family home, has credit card debts to pay up and just bought another car (through bank financing). They spend for things that cost a lot yet don't appreciate in value or they can live without those stuff really. Been encouraging him and his wife to get their own home already but it seems they can't afford the money out to get a decent loan package with the bank.

I personally think it's really financial discipline that some lack; couple it with SC-encouraging social media, tapos na boxing.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    i gets borrowing to invest

but borrowing to spend on end-user consumption is sooo wrong
    hahaha. true. pero that's how most humans act. and, if one is starting a new business here, medyo mahirap. gotta pass through bureaucracy sa registration. mahirap din umutang sa local banks. so ayun na lang, bili na lang ng mga gadgets para may pupuntahan ang pera. :jazzybass:

bukod din sa pag-identify ng needs and wants, dapat magkaroon ng goal setting. if you want a new car and make the monthly payments, find a better paying job.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    sounds more like pressure sales to me: act now, buy now, bukas wala na to, don't think just buy
    yes basically... it's their job to make loans happen. low down payment car loan with sure approval is very tempting and needs little to no encouragement to avail.

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    One of my closest friends works at a BPO (first job after college and worked his way up pretty fast) and yes, i agree they kinda spend a lot (at least those that i have met at one time or another). I earn much less than him, i have two kids to send to school, a property to amortize, and yet my financial standings seem to be better. I really berated him the last time since we got together as he still lives in his family home, has credit card debts to pay up and just bought another car (through bank financing). They spend for things that cost a lot yet don't appreciate in value or they can live without those stuff really. Been encouraging him and his wife to get their own home already but it seems they can't afford the money out to get a decent loan package with the bank.

I personally think it's really financial discipline that some lack; couple it with SC-encouraging social media, tapos na boxing.
    its sad really, having the opportunity to earn big then spend big on depreciating assets.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I also do not have a regular credit card (I cancelled all of them) so I'm pretty much living on cash right now. Well.... aside from my credit-card-linked-Paypal that is
    If you cancelled all of your credit cards, how do you pay for your credit card linked Paypal?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wezz_zzew View Post
    Karamihan sa mga call center agent na kakilala ko, after nila maka one year sa work, nagbibilihan ng mga bagay na akala nila ay kaya nila. One example is buying a car (mirage). At first tuwang tuwa siya dahil de kotse na siya, however, after a number of months, nalaman ko na lang na patong patong na pala ang problema niya sa pera. Hindi nya inexpect yung mga additional expenses sa pagkakaroon ng ganung "privilege" like gas, maintenance, parking, accessories. Ganito ba kayo?
    Ako hindi ganon..i never worked as a call center agent..after a year of working zero ang savings, commute pa rin sa bus, was denied a credit card due to absence of bank account at nakitira lang sa apartment in mandaluyong..

Maswerte kakilala mo naka UTANG agad ng mirage pero malas din dahil financially illiterate pala..magagalit si suze orman nyan..

madali lang ba trabaho sa mga call centers..?
    Last edited by tagalnasaabroad; July 27th, 2013 at 10:17 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    When i was with my first job, ganyan ako...spend everything kahit hindi kaya....bahala na si Batman! Now wala naman ng issue sa akin ... Kasi I think kasama ma yan sa growth cycle ng taong nageevolve to maturity.

As long as you dont kill other people to pay for your debt...there is no issue about that problem.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    nangangamoy SC thread ito.
    Oo nga. Expect mo na rin na madami magpopost dito ng cash lang sila kung magbayad dahil ayaw ng credit card maski hassle magdala ng cash sa mall.

Of course, cash payment is good but it is better to have a credit card. If you don't have a credit card, it's either you don't have a bank account of your own or still living with your payrent's money.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast