New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    hi,

just want information on people who bought items in the internet, because i

recently purchased something in the states and the sales person told me

that it should arrive around 5-6 days, will the tat be followed? when should it

arrive? anyone tried this before they told me that the product will be sent to

the post office here in the philippines, im just concerned

since it's a holiday and i purchased the product last april 05, 2k6 and it's

more than 6 days.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    i buy model kits not normally available here sa pinas through hobbylink japan and since i go for surface mail (TAT 3 weeks), i add a week or so.

they arrive naman in good condition. :D

in this case, we can disregard most likely the holidays here so next week uli yung tuloy ng bilang.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    i buy model kits not normally available here sa pinas through hobbylink japan and since i go for surface mail (TAT 3 weeks), i add a week or so.

they arrive naman in good condition. :D

in this case, we can disregard most likely the holidays here so next week uli yung tuloy ng bilang.
    thanks, kakatakot kasi i ordered the shades in wiley-x.com i just hope it arrives.

what if it doesn't arrive may habol pa ba ako?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    typically don't include weekends and holidays into counting those days.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have had several bad experiences whenever the shipment goes through the post office!

When I bought the parts for the car I was restoring, I had it shipped in my sister's place in Georgia. Since there were three vendors of the car parts, I had it accumulated at my sis' place, then, had it put in the balikbayan boxes. The boxes were later shipped to the Phils. Since the volume is substantial (it reached about three balikbayan boxes), i had it shipped na lang (versus air freight). It took me 30 calendar days to receive it.

Cost? US$ 85.00 per box. The weight of the three boxes? All-in-all, almost 85 kilos.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro, may insurance ba yung binilhan mo?

ako rin minsan naiinis pag sa post office...they tell you na pag >$50 yung value eh may additional na tax, yadda-yadda...pero mukhang nagsawa na sila sa kakabanggit sakin nun. hehehe!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Kabibili ko lang ng book galing UK. CC ang mode of payment, hindi kasama sa bilang ang weekends, dumating naman ng maayos. Medyo may konting tama lang yung mga corners kasi hindi maayos ang handling sa post office. $99 yung amount, hindi ko alam kung gaano kabigat, ~P150 yung binayaran ko. :D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    kris, ano packaging nila?

i got a book din from amazon.com a few months back, i got it in perfect shape naman. what amazon did was it shrink-wrapped the book to a cardboard sheet bigger than the book, then put em in a box that i think was about 14"x6"x4" or something. :D

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i just got the shades, the sales rep from where i bought the product was true

to his word, I didn't add any insurance for the shipping, it arrived monday

april 17 after the holidays, no damages, and packed tight, it came right from

the post office of taytay, I checked the label it came from straight for the

store in california left there april 6, to think of it i was in taytay, i just paid

$12.75 for the shipping, and the post man just asked for 35php for shipping

and handling dahil mura, binigyan ko si lolo postman ng mangga, masaya pa

siya.

Buying outside of the philippines.