New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe, dyan kami nagkakasundo ni woulfe... although mas athiest sya sakin :P

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    pati ba naman Diyos gagamitin sa campaign, haynako!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by sequoia
    naku kung sa muslim (mohammad) mo ginawa yan magagaya ka kay salman rushdie. magtago ka na sa pinangalingan mo.
    :D ok lang magaya ke salman rushdie, daming pera nun e. me appearance pa sa bridget jone's diary. saka galing nya talaga magsulat, e kami ni david puro user guides lang kaya, hehe.

pero seriously, ang idol ko na atheists are mark twain and abraham lincoln. just shows that you don't have to believe in any gods (or goddesses) to do good things. :D

4. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by gretzy
    pati ba naman Diyos gagamitin sa campaign, haynako!
    ok lang yan. remember, merong hercules na athletic supporter, hehe. and he was a major god in ancient greece. so 2 thousand years from now, jesus christ na athletic supporter naman?

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
    -- Mark Twain, from Albert Bigelow Paine, Mark Twain, a Biography (1912), quoted from Barbara Schmidt, ed., "Mark Twain Quotations, Newspaper Collections, & Related Resources"

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by woulfe27
    ok lang yan. remember, merong hercules na athletic supporter, hehe. and he was a major god in ancient greece. so 2 thousand years from now, jesus christ na athletic supporter naman?
    "ok lang yan" maybe ok for you since you are an atheist. but for many Christians out there it is not.

couldn't they just respect each other's belief or non-belief?

Originally posted by woulfe27 Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
    -- Mark Twain, from Albert Bigelow Paine, Mark Twain, a Biography (1912), quoted from Barbara Schmidt, ed., "Mark Twain Quotations, Newspaper Collections, & Related Resources" [/B]
    for Christians that will come out as a blasphemy / sacrilege to their beliefs. but God Himself? I don't think so.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    This is getting to be deeper than the topic itself. I think we should all repsect our belief and faith.

Atheist is one that disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

I think Atheists should also respect us in the same manner we respect them and vice-versa.

Let me leave you with a quote from the book "Following the Equator" by: Mark Twain

"We despise all reverences and all the objects of reverence which are outside the pale of our own list of sacred things. And yet, with strange inconsistency, we are shocked when other people despise and defile the things which are holy to us."

PEACE!
    Last edited by mikaztro; October 26th, 2004 at 12:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

And more from mr. Twain:

"I bring you the stately matron named Christendom, returning bedraggled, besmirched and dishonored from pirate raids in Kiao-Chow, Manchuria, South Africa and the Philippines, with her soul full of meanness, her pocket full of boodle and her mouth full of pious hypocrisies. Give her soap and a towel, but hide the looking-glass."
    -- Mark Twain, "Christianity" A Salutation Speech from the Nineteenth Century to the Twentieth, New York, Dec. 31, 1900

"Man is a marvelous curiosity … he thinks he is the Creator's pet … he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea."
    -- Mark Twain: Satan, writing back to his friends in Heaven upon visiting Earth, showing his contempt toward this curious invention, Man, after having a few days earlier earlier been banished for a thousand years for so doing prior to investigation, in Letters from the Earth (1909?; published in 1962)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    "ok lang yan" maybe ok for you since you are an atheist. but for many Christians out there it is not.

couldn't they just respect each other's belief or non-belief?
    but i worship hercules. so will you join me if a launch campaign against the maker of hercules supporter? just to prove that you also respect my belief. pleeease :D

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    btw, i'm looking for a 94-95 corolla gli, with orig paint. any color. preferrably yung hindi na-blessed ng pari pero na-blessed ng magaling at honest na mechanic :D

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Bush is against Christ's words? MAD