New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hi guys,

dont know it this is the right forum, im going to back for a vacation and i have bought a home theatre speaker with the amplifier, would i get tax for that or not? or whats the best way to avoid tax?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i didnt, went back last Nov gave my cousins 2 laptop, 1 desktop & myold LCD TV. i remember i wrote on the declaration papers its all use cloths and personal stuff, dont need to write 5 pairs of shoes, 6 bags & ect. o yeah so they dont open your box i found out you need to give a "Lagay" i gave $10

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    what declaration paper? is that the disembarkment form? the one you get at the plane?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 05frontier View Post
    what declaration paper? is that the disembarkment form? the one you get at the plane?
    yes its that paper

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ok, thanks for the info... hopefully no problem...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I think you're allowed to bring in 1 of a kind.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    No problem yan. Just make sure hindi ka lumampas ng 50lbs kung icheck in mo.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Tman View Post
    I think you're allowed to bring in 1 of a kind.
    This is true w/ OFWs. On my previous vacations, I have brought things like Home Theater Ampli, Speakers, Dell Comp, & DVD players. And I have declared all these things in this disembarkation form.

The Customs says you can bring electronics, tax free as long as it is one of a kind (one unit only), meaning if you're bringing in 3 stereo ampli's, the 1st unit is tax free but the 2 units will be subjected to duties.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 4agze View Post
    i didnt, went back last Nov gave my cousins 2 laptop, 1 desktop & myold LCD TV. i remember i wrote on the declaration papers its all use cloths and personal stuff, dont need to write 5 pairs of shoes, 6 bags & ect. o yeah so they dont open your box i found out you need to give a "Lagay" i gave $10
    i onced hand carried a CPU and a car amplifier from the states... i have never once declared anything whenever i travel ... my style is whenever checkin out thru customs is .. CO : " sir ano po laman ng bagahe?" ME:" maduduming damit saka maniglan ngilang tsokolate para sa nanay ko " with a look that says " U ain't gettin nothin from me buddy " hehehe.... so yeah im pretty sure you won't get taxed.

Bringing electronics to philippines thru air