New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Breaking NEWS

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070802/ap_on_re_us/minnesota_bridge_collapse

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The entire span of an interstate bridge collapsed into the Mississippi River during evening rush hour Wednesday, sending vehicles, tons of concrete and twisted metal crashing into the water.
    The Interstate 35W bridge, a major link between Minneapolis and St. Paul, was in the midst of being repaired when it broke into several huge sections.
    "There were two lanes of traffic, bumper to bumper, at the point of the collapse. Those cars did go into the river," Minneapolis Police Lt. Amelia Huffman. "At this point there is nothing to suggest that this was anything other than a structural collapse."
    The Homeland Security Department had received no indications Wednesday night that the collapse was related to an act of terrorism, department spokesman Russ Knocke said in Washington.
    "At this time, there's no indication of a nexus to terrorism," Knocke said.
    It was not clear how many people were injured. WCCO-AM reported that one body was seen being pulled from the area, covered with a blue sheet.
    An estimated 50 vehicles plunged into the water and onto the land below, the Star-Tribune reported.
    A burning truck and a school bus clung to one slanted slab,

The bus had just crossed the bridge before it crumpled into pieces, and broadcast reports indicated the children on the bus exited out the back door.
    Rush hour traffic could have stressed the bridge.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    mas matindi pala ang counterpart ng dpwh nila dun

seriously, it's on cnn right now and the damage is short of unbelievable

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i lived in minneapolis for 2 years at madalas kong dinadaanan yang bridge na yan pag pupunta sa st. paul.

di ako makapaniwala sa nangyari na ito

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    nangyari din sa'tin yan dito some 10 years ago ata, madami namatay

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung mga infrastructure sa US is getting worn already...yung sa New York recently the steam (gas) explosion is another example...

Parang sa sine yung pinsala...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    swerte yung mga kotseng still sitting on the collapsed bridge, sorry for those who were submerged sa water. ang buhay talaga, you'll never know what will happen......

may amateur video sa yahoo nung actual collapse. scary!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    How sad.

DPWH, knock,knock,knock, paki check na yung mga brides, MRT, LRT and flyovers natin, lalo na dito sa ortigas. Pag hapon traffic mismo sa flyover going to La Salle.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe, i saw this in the news this morning... i just hope and pray that the number of casualties will not be high.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dazedchiq View Post
    grabe, i saw this in the news this morning... i just hope and pray that the number of casualties will not be high.
    ndi kaya chinese ang contractor nitong bridge?

i hope unit lang damage to lives

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^bakit mo naman naisip na Chinese ang gumawa? :confused:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Bridge falls into Mississippi River