New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pwedeng gawing movie ito..........

PhilStar.com
    Feb. 23, 2008

CEBU CITY – A jilted young bride is seeking damages against her would-be groom who left her standing at the altar on their wedding day to run off with another woman.

Like a scene from a telenovela, the bride was left in tears after the groom simply walked away. The groom allegedly walked out of his wedding at the Our Lady of Sacred Heart Parish Church here last Dec. 22, leaving his bride weeping in front of many witnesses.

The bride filed a damage suit seeking a total of P549,630.71 in actual and moral damages on top of the P2,500 appearance fee of the lawyer for every hearing. In a five-page complaint filed before the Cebu Regional Trial Court, she claimed to have suffered irreparable damage after her fiance broke off their promise to exchange marital vows.

The bride, belonging to rich influential family here, even recalled her excitement while walking down the aisle, looking forward to exchanging “I do’s” with the man who had been her sweetheart for more than a year.

The wedding ceremony reportedly did not start on time because the groom arrived 10 minutes late for the 3:30 p.m. scheduled wedding. The groom even made an effort to delay the ceremony by tinkering with his cellular phone while the priest was presiding over the wedding rites. The bride, for her part, did not seem to mind at all, since she was not expecting her groom to walk out on her.

But she noticed her husband-to-be was teary-eyed when he arrived late at the church. As soon as the priest reached the point for the exchange of marital vows and asked the couple to exchange their “I do’s,” the groom, who was supposed to answer first, was not able to do so after a woman appeared in the aisle and shouted for the wedding to stop.

“Upon hearing the voice of the lady at the back, defendant was not able to answer ‘I do’ and without any hesitation or saying anything, he (the groom) turned his back and walked very fast towards the lady. They then hugged each other and went outside the church together,” the bride stated in her complaint.

The visitors, including the parents of the groom and the bride, were left stunned. Henry Espinosa, head of the security of the Palace of Justice here, witnessed the incident. He said the priest even used a microphone at full volume to repeatedly call for the groom to come back.

The groom left the church with the other woman on board a taxicab. Twenty minutes after, the jilted bride proceeded to the prepared wedding banquet at the Royal Concourse with their visitors and the supposed wedding sponsors.

The bride claimed she had not slept well after the incident, which she said left her trembling with anger over her besmirched reputation.

The would-be couple were classmates at Southwestern University where they first met in 1998, according to the bride, but they had not seen each other since 2000. In December 2005, they saw each other again at the Saint Vincent Church in Barangay Sambag II.

The courtship then began until they became sweethearts in February 2006. –

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this is why none of my wife's exes were invited (or knew about) our wedding ceremony :hihihi:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    seriously, if the guy doesnt want to marry the girl, i am pretty sure there are less dramatic ways of getting out of the situation. unless he has deep seated hatred for his "fiance" i dont see any reason to make her lose face in front of freinds and relatives.

and my advice would be.....bawas bawasan ang kakapnood ng pelikula lao na yung mga dramang pinoy hehehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maybe the groom's long lost first love suddenly found out about the wedding and then texted/called the groom the day of the wedding. Making the groom think twice about the wedding that's why he was late for the ceremony. He decided to proceed to the church and continue the marriage since he thought it was the right and proper thing to do. But alas, the long lost love of his appeared in the church, and seeing her once again, made the groom realize that she is the love of his life after all. So they just went out of the church, rode a taxi to wherever, to live happily every after ...... or not, nagdemanda si bride e :bwahaha:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    baka mas magaling performance nung isang girl...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    seriously, if the guy doesnt want to marry the girl, i am pretty sure there are less dramatic ways of getting out of the situation. unless he has deep seated hatred for his "fiance" i dont see any reason to make her lose face in front of freinds and relatives.

and my advice would be.....bawas bawasan ang kakapnood ng pelikula lao na yung mga dramang pinoy hehehe
    unless it's a shotgun wedding, the guy's a loser. dapat yun papunta pa lang sa simbahan or the night before, inopen up na nya kung may uncertainty.

the bride should rejoice bec. obviously her fiance is not man enough to accept his convictions. kung dyan pa lang takbo na sya, what more sa buhay with the 2 of them together.

my take on this, malas ng babae sumigaw sa simbahan. i guess they deserve each other.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Di naikuwento kung ano na nangyari sa reception. Siguro yung cake, na-take out na lang.........

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Di naikuwento kung ano na nangyari sa reception. Siguro yung cake, na-take out na lang.........
    Actually this is what the groom saw on top of the cake right before the wedding...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^^^ Amf!.............Ayos ah!

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    ^^ Want to know a secret? I got that from our wedding cake :lolabove:

*wifey reads my post :rant: and then...:aray: aray!*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Bride Sues "Runaway Groom"!