New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi
    di man dito isinilang si BV sa pinas, still roots nya ang pinoy, Ilocano pa nga, the good thing is he is proud to be identified as Filipino, and he also makes us proud, in times like this na puro problema sa bansa, isa ito sa mga maliliit na reason para maitaas kahit papaano ang moral nating mga Pilipino.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Parang racist naman mga comments dito. Tsk tsk. Parang yung mga rgument na mas ok ang tagalog sa ilocano, etc.

Sir Jun, ayos lang yan, kita ko pix mo kasama yung laser. Mr. Suave, pedeng pede ka dito.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Parang racist naman mga comments dito. Tsk tsk. Parang yung mga rgument na mas ok ang tagalog sa ilocano, etc.

Sir Jun, ayos lang yan, kita ko pix mo kasama yung laser. Mr. Suave, pedeng pede ka dito.
    Let's face it. There are some animosities between newly-arrived Pinoys and old-timers here in the U.S. It didn't use to be that way. So, I don't know how it got started in the first place. I lived mostly at areas where there were few Pinoys. Any Pinoy we met were always very welcome to make themselves at home.

Perhaps, succeeding batches of Pinoy immigrants getting their first taste of the good life started to look down on later arrivals. Once that happened, the crab mentally from newer arrivals took over.

It's sad to see divisions among Pinoys, even overseas. There are many decent Pinoys here and they too are puzzled with the whole thing.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 3rd, 2006 at 01:14 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jedi
    di man dito isinilang si BV sa pinas, still roots nya ang pinoy, Ilocano pa nga, the good thing is he is proud to be identified as Filipino, and he also makes us proud, in times like this na puro problema sa bansa, isa ito sa mga maliliit na reason para maitaas kahit papaano ang moral nating mga Pilipino.
    again, i wholeheartedly agree with you sir jedi. most american born pinoys embrace their culture. my brother, for example, took many filipino classes at school, joined numerous filipino clubs, hosted exchange students from the philippines, took several tours of the philippines (all the way to mindanao), and now works as a councelor to help filipino teenagers recover from drug addiction. location and citizenship don't change our identity.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some people have been serving the country for years . . . (decades ?). Nandito lang sa bansa trying to keep the pinoys safe from foreign aggression,others helping in the dreams of economic stability, others in their their own way of serving / helping the country . . . etc etc. . . . madami na din nagbuwis ng buhay para panatilihing ang bandera natin lumilipad ng matikas. pero ano na ang naitulong sa kanila . . . meron ba ?

now here comes, somebody na hindi man lang nagserbisyo o just making pa cute . . . or ano ba daw nagawa nya to merit such recognition ? ? VIP treatment pa sa Malacanang, according to other bro posters . . .

nakakababa ng low morale . . . .

just my .02 cents

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by atongk
    now here comes, somebody na hindi man lang nagserbisyo o just making pa cute . . . or ano ba daw nagawa nya to merit such recognition ? ? VIP treatment pa sa Malacanang, according to other bro posters . . .

just my .02 cents
    Apparently, GMA congratulated both Pacman and BV back in September last year for winning in their respective categories.

Since BV is now a WBC champ, GMA has probably been keeping tabs with his progress. For all we know, baka inimbita siya ni GMA sa MP.

News Article Last Year
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 3rd, 2006 at 08:25 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No offense, why are there so many haters of their own kind in this country?

Can't you just be happy with the fact that someone from your own race/country won something relatively prestigious?

Ang Thais tinataboy si Tiger kahit best golfer in the world, pero dito sumikat o pumalpak, may kokontra lagi kahit pure blood ka.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hindi kasalana no BV na nabigyan sya ng VIP treatment sa malacanang, bagkus, ginamit lang sya ng pangulo for publicity purposes, ganun din para kay Manny Pacquiao...

IMHO hindi nagpacute si BV, lumaban sya ng sabayan sa kalaban nya at may mukha syang ihaharap sa pilipinas dahil pinoy ang mga magulang nya, di naman sya kumita ng ganun kalaki sa pagpunta nya dito sa pinas, pero just because he considers himself as Filipino... malaking bagay na yun para sa lahat. di nya kasalanan na sa hawaii sya pinanganak pero saludo ako sa kanya at nagbigay sya ng time para pumunta sa bayan nyang sinilangan at ishare ang karangalan nya sa bansa... at ako bilang pinoy, kuntento na ako at masaya na ako duon

Quote Originally Posted by atongk
    some people have been serving the country for years . . . (decades ?). Nandito lang sa bansa trying to keep the pinoys safe from foreign aggression,others helping in the dreams of economic stability, others in their their own way of serving / helping the country . . . etc etc. . . . madami na din nagbuwis ng buhay para panatilihing ang bandera natin lumilipad ng matikas. pero ano na ang naitulong sa kanila . . . meron ba ?

just my .02 cents

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    No offense, why are there so many haters of their own kind in this country?

Can't you just be happy with the fact that someone from your own race/country won something relatively prestigious?
    Sarap ng alimasag (alimasag ba o alimango?).
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 3rd, 2006 at 02:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Brian is riding no coat tails, and he's no copy cat. Imagine, if Manny never became a boxer, who would be our pride n joy in boxing? Brian would be. He's just another Filipino boxer that's the best in his class.

I can tell you one thing, Brian is proud to be Filipino. You ask any Filipino worldwide, whether they're from the US... Italy..Spain..and you ask them, what their nationality is, they will 9/10 times say Filipino. They are Filipino before they are American..they are Filipino before Italian. I've lived in 5 different countries, and i've attended 7-8 different schools in my life..and this holds true. You can take the Filipino out of the Philippines, but you can NEVER take the Philippines out of the Filipino.

Be proud of Brian

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Brian Villoria - Pinoy ba sya?