New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cutedoc: What's a crown and usually how much does that cost for a molar?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    ako gus2 ko grill san ba pede pagwa

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Cutedoc: What's a crown and usually how much does that cost for a molar?
    a crown is a restoration used for severley damaged teeth, ex. when more than half of the tooth structure is already missing. there are different types of crowns...all metal, porcelain fused to metal, and all porcelain crown. costs for crowns would depend on the material. a cast gold crown may be more expensive than a porcelain fused to metal crown or even an all porcelain crown since (dental) gold (which is very expensive) is usually bought by the ounce. there are indications and contra-indications for each type of restorations. a good restorative dentist should explain all treatment options, its advantages and disadvantages, so that the patient would be guided in deciding what to go for regarding his treatment.

regarding ortho. treatment, it is best to seek consultation first from a legitimate orthodontist. a real orthodontist would tell a patient upfront if he/she is a candidate for ortho. treatment. how would one know if the orthodontist is legitimate? graduate education. it usually takes another 2-3 years for a dentist to specialize in orthodontics in a university, and not a couple of weeks nor months under a preceptorship. at the average, completion of ortho. treatment would take an average of 2 years, so just imgine what kind of treatment the "orthodontist" would give if he/she was just trained for a couple of weeks/months.
    check this link... www.apo.com.ph

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dehadista View Post
    yung boy namin nagpakabit ng braces sa kanto.. mga 200 petot lang daw.

sabi nya pati nga daw pustiso pwede kabitan...
    yan ang RETINER, Bres sa ngipon

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    beachbum - there are no age limitation, however an xray are taken to verify the quality of bone for a suppose orthodontic treatment, i had done a 40+yrs old patient, her bone was good and healthy until the end of treatment. Say even if your 20 yet the bone you have is bad coupled with an acute periodontitis then you arent qualified to undergo such treatment, but if your 50 and a bone and a healthy status, then you are qualified to have an orthodontic treatment.

theveeed - the cost of a porcelain jacket crown varies among the type of materials used:
    porcelain fused to metal: starts at 5000/tooth
    all porcelain : starts low at 16,000/tooth
    porcelain fused to gold :starts at 15,000/tooth

the price may go higher, it would depend on the case, the quality of the materials and brand used

6. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    falalofasion = what i usually asked among those who would want to wear braces is"what is your main reason why you wanted to wear braces?"

there are many reason why we should wear braces or orthodontic appliances, on top of it all is physical appearance, how bad does our teeth look, then reason regarding proper teeth alignment, TMJ problem and others follow.

almost 90% of all total earth population has a problem that is to be treated with orthodontics, from a major teeth malformation to simple spacings or mal alignment, though some are not that obvious for us to wear braces anymore, we compared our teeth with a norm, which is by popular standard is considered as a perfect dentition, see the model unit, how detailed and perfeect the teeth is, thats how we want our teeth to be, its what society dictates=)

prices range of a braces starts at 50k, that would depend on the severity of the case=)
    cutedoc,
    actually ok nmn ipin ko medyo my misaaligned lng na 2 ipin sa front thats y I planing to wear braces and dsame tym to fix and to make clean also!!! By the way how about teeth whitener ano ba ang latest na pang paputi ng teeth ngyun? -TIA-

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Second treatment ko na 'to. I was 21 the first time I wore braces. I only wore it for 8 months and had to beg my ortho to remove them because I was attending my sister's wedding. Pangit kase sa pictures kapag may braces. Since hindi na straighten yung ngipin ko, 8 years later eto naka-braces na naman. I chose the traditional braces ( yung metal brackets) kase mas mabilis yung treatment and cheaper din. Just make sure you don't miss your monthly ortho check-up. Bili ka rin nung toothbrush na may mga atachment, I'm not sure what you call those mini bristles na kasya in-between spaces kase minsan yung regular toothbrush di naaalis yung mga food particles. Also expect some discoloration after the treatment. You will have those white dots sa ngipin mo but your ortho will bleach your teeth para magpantay yung kulay ng mga ngipin mo.
    Last edited by tinky; September 22nd, 2006 at 01:20 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    falalofasio - if that would be your main problem, i suggest you see your orthodontist to correct it=)

teeth whitening are the "in" thing right now on dentistry, the latest i should say would be Zoom, it ligthens your teeth in less than an hour=)

but the whiteness achieved isnt permanent, there should be a regular maintenance to retain the whiteness of the teeth=) if you would ask if it would be painful? i wont lie to a patient, pain is relative to individuals, some may have a higher pain threshold, some doesnt, i already did cases to patients who just felt a slight sensitivity, and also to a patient who complain of extreme sensitivity, so it really varies, there are proper treatment procedures to each cases=)

if you plan to have tooth whitening and braces on, i suggest you do the later first, after your teeth are properly aligned, then have the whitess teeth that you want=)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cutedoc View Post
    beachbum - there are no age limitation, however an xray are taken to verify the quality of bone for a suppose orthodontic treatment, i had done a 40+yrs old patient, her bone was good and healthy until the end of treatment. Say even if your 20 yet the bone you have is bad coupled with an acute periodontitis then you arent qualified to undergo such treatment, but if your 50 and a bone and a healthy status, then you are qualified to have an orthodontic treatment.
    thanks cutedoc! by the way ano yung periodontitis, baka kasi meron din ako nun.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore View Post
    i've known people kasi who had braces dahil gusto lang nilang pumorma.
    OT: naalala ko yung mga cousins ko noong early 80's, kahit buo mga ipin nila pinabunot para magpa pustiso kasi uso daw...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
braces??? ATTENTION cute doc?!!!