New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The thing i wanted to point out in my story is the death threat aspect. yes, we all have stories on how 'victims' will try to squeeze your hard earned peso from you just because of an unfortunate circumstance.

But do all people will resort to death threats while asking for favors?! Again, im just sharing this. And again, i wish none of you nor your loved ones go through something similar.

The whole point of this is not just allowing or disallowing a mosque or whatever per se. It is the things that people associated with these symbols do which is.

On that note, all I can say is that only time will tell if whatever decisions are made are wrong or right. No one's complaining on the status quo though. Just a thought.

-------
    Niky, yeap! I'm with you on that one. Having worship places in malls is just too convenient. I mean, where's the sacrifice, right?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sabi nga ni Sir Theveed, kapag religion na pinagusapan, eh tyak magulo. Even Christianity broke up into groups. But I dont think that is a way to judge people, your experience sir PK is not confined to moslems alone as others said. Its unfair to generalize it.

Pero the idea na i bo BOYCOTT ang GREENHILLS para lang huwag itayo ang mosque, means ayaw "nila" sa muslim and they are seeking symphaty and support from others by prejudice (being a moslem would invite trouble to the community). And that is the bad part of this move....Kung ayaw nila itayo yung templo dun, then do it the legal way (provided if they can).....

I remember the same appeal that spreaded a few years back on Tommy Hillfigger being a racist (monkey daw pinoy)...and there was a call to boycott all his product line...But what happened? Eh puro imprted ang suot ng mga pinoy kundi eh out ka ....so forget the boycott!!...So what I am trying to say is, boycotts are senseless if it wont give you satisfaction anyway, drive the muslims away and you drive away your source of pirated DVDs, bibili ka ng orig sa Malls....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Sabi nga ni Sir Theveed, kapag religion na pinagusapan, eh tyak magulo. Even Christianity broke up into groups. But I dont think that is a way to judge people, your experience sir PK is not confined to moslems alone as others said. Its unfair to generalize it.

Pero the idea na i bo BOYCOTT ang GREENHILLS para lang huwag itayo ang mosque, means ayaw "nila" sa muslim and they are seeking symphaty and support from others by prejudice (being a moslem would invite trouble to the community). And that is the bad part of this move....Kung ayaw nila itayo yung templo dun, then do it the legal way (provided if they can).....

I remember the same appeal that spreaded a few years back on Tommy Hillfigger being a racist (monkey daw pinoy)...and there was a call to boycott all his product line...But what happened? Eh puro imprted ang suot ng mga pinoy kundi eh out ka ....so forget the boycott!!...So what I am trying to say is, boycotts are senseless if it wont give you satisfaction anyway, drive the muslims away and you drive away your source of pirated DVDs, bibili ka ng orig sa Malls....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    "if you prick us, do we not bleed?"

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    sana naman they look at the situation from both parties point of view. IMO discrimination yan

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    No matter what religion, most discrimination stems from the fear of the unknown.

The structure of Islam is not common knowledge, hence, majority of people, affluent and poor, get their information from wherever they can, most often media.

Media is often controlled by Christian groups, use christian ideals etc.

So what will an ignorant rich mother in a posh village do when she hears that a muslim is planning on putting a mosque that will attract others to an area where her children often go?
    Scream bloody murder, because, according to TV, these muslims are "Radical extrememists with a taste for blood".

Any person regardless of religion will be violent if felt that he or she is being oppressed. Media just positions muslims as opressed more here in our country so the muslims sometimes act their roll out. That or they might carry stigma from a place they were trying to escape, as previously stated, a muslim from Basilan.

So many peaceful muslims i have met you wouldnt ever guess were from the Islam faith.

Besides, a person who can have discipline to pray more than 3 times a day everyday regardless of the times must speak well of character.

I'm a christian and rarely fulfill my once a week duty for mass. Haha

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    im against the building of a mosque... im not against muslim... well they do have a right to build a mosque as long as sa kanila yun lugar... pero ewan, parang ayoko talaga sila sa greenhills eh...

8. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    They urged all residents to join the boycott if they do not want Greenhills "to be the next Quiapo or Taguig where we will be living in perpetual fear for our lives."
    omg! im close to greenhills and i like to go there for the dvds but it becoming Quiapo or Taguig(nvr been here) is a nightmare! good god! i love strolling around GH ksi i luv looking at overruns and dvds and games. sana hindi masira GH

cguro dadami ang mga loko around GH...

once dumami pa ng sobra ang mga muslim sa GH affected ang market value ng mga bahay in GH... especially EAST and NORTH. haha yari sila... pagbumababa na tapos bibili ako haha! pero daming congressman dun bka d bumigay...hhmmmm
    Last edited by kyle618; October 14th, 2004 at 11:53 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Th dumbest guy in this controversy is probably Rex Drilon, the COO of Ortigas & Co. for trying to please everybody. He built a Catholic Chapel and he's now building a muslim mosque.
    Greenhills is a shopping center, for cryin' out loud. Its perfectly okay not to have any places of worship within its confines. Look at all the trouble he's gotten himself into.

Please don't give me bleeding heart speeches for muslims. Anybody who has fought in Mindanao will tell you not to trust a Moro and not to turn your back on a Moro. Mindanao Muslims are a different breed. Sorry, but that's the way it is. We don't like them, they don't like us.

Now what would you feel if you invested your lifesavings in a house in a decent village and then here they come building a damn mosque which you know will send property prices dropping? That's the problem of all those people who bought houses in Greenhills and condos in Annapolis. Their opposition is perfectly okey because they are fighting for the safety and monetary value of their homes. Wouldn't you do the same thing too?

Peacful coexistence? Bah...Never happened...Never will...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Amen to TJMaxx...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Boycott Greenhills move launched; pabor ka ba dito?