New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dodongo View Post
    Most people go through very rough patches in life.

How did you bounce back?

I've gone through many difficult times, but these past few years have by far been the worst.

If anyone wants details, I'll expound later.
    Valium lang katapat niyan. hehe.

What's your problem about ba?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    love life? money? family?
    Sir uls, my answer is D. All of the above

and actually, after all I've gone through I'm less religious.

Well, I don't wanna expose myself too much so my story will be brief.

Hope others could share their stories as well.

in 07, my Dad went into the hospital, due to hemorrhoids. Other problems arose, his persona changed into that of a savage, couldn't recognize anyone barely talked. Although eventually cured from this change of persona, his true problem was drugs.

in late 07, my grandmother passed away, my Dad's financial helper and emotional support.

in early 08, admitted into top 2 university, but Dad's episodes and worsening drug use caused us to fight and affected my sleeping (already had insomnia since grade school days) (7.30 sched and cant change). Although grades were good enough 1st sem. Also wary of effect on my 4 younger siblings (I'm eldest) School was near our house so I was often around him.

later in 08, Dad got worse because he got fired (family corporation..)
    me and girlfirend had a "scare" (I know, stupid of me not to take enough precautions) caused us to fight and worsened my sleeping. Also had 2 #*%*#$% professors 2nd sem (4/4 students who took both of them with me are now gone from that school). I threw my chance away.

in 09, got kicked out, moved into different school as a stepping stone to better things. Dad continually getting worse, was even high during ondoy..
    Got cursed by my aunt for studying again, my mom, who worked in NY was supposed to pay for it, but my dad got the money.

in early 10, Me and Dad got into a really bad fight, after the fight he layed on the bed and I took a nap, when I woke up.. he passed away, due to cardiac arrest...

also, all of us who got kicked out of the top 2 school, couldn't move on to better things. Due to wrong information and the school we moved to making it hard to transfer.

So, I took a sem off to rethink things and now studying again in a different school again.

It's easy to say "get over it"
    or "take it like a man"

I've been through hard times during grade school and high school aswell, as tough as these.
    But really, it is hard to forget everything.
    and It's easy to get discouraged, I often think if I ever will graduate and if I do will any employer accept me? and stuff like that.
    Although the fact that some people have it worse yet comeout fine, encourage me. But I sometimes forget.

Sorry naman din kung emo! hehe, I just wanted other people's stories but I guess I had to go first.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Try counselling kaya at CEFAM?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Try counselling kaya at CEFAM?
    actually I already am seeing a psychiatrist, I just wanted to read other people's stories

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dodongo View Post
    Sir uls, my answer is D. All of the above

and actually, after all I've gone through I'm less religious.

Well, I don't wanna expose myself too much so my story will be brief.

Hope others could share their stories as well.

in 07, my Dad went into the hospital, due to hemorrhoids. Other problems arose, his persona changed into that of a savage, couldn't recognize anyone barely talked. Although eventually cured from this change of persona, his true problem was drugs.

in late 07, my grandmother passed away, my Dad's financial helper and emotional support.

in early 08, admitted into top 2 university, but Dad's episodes and worsening drug use caused us to fight and affected my sleeping (already had insomnia since grade school days) (7.30 sched and cant change). Although grades were good enough 1st sem. Also wary of effect on my 4 younger siblings (I'm eldest) School was near our house so I was often around him.

later in 08, Dad got worse because he got fired (family corporation..)
    me and girlfirend had a "scare" (I know, stupid of me not to take enough precautions) caused us to fight and worsened my sleeping. Also had 2 #*%*#$% professors 2nd sem (4/4 students who took both of them with me are now gone from that school). I threw my chance away.

in 09, got kicked out, moved into different school as a stepping stone to better things. Dad continually getting worse, was even high during ondoy..
    Got cursed by my aunt for studying again, my mom, who worked in NY was supposed to pay for it, but my dad got the money.

in early 10, Me and Dad got into a really bad fight, after the fight he layed on the bed and I took a nap, when I woke up.. he passed away, due to cardiac arrest...

also, all of us who got kicked out of the top 2 school, couldn't move on to better things. Due to wrong information and the school we moved to making it hard to transfer.

So, I took a sem off to rethink things and now studying again in a different school again.

It's easy to say "get over it"
    or "take it like a man"

I've been through hard times during grade school and high school aswell, as tough as these.
    But really, it is hard to forget everything.
    and It's easy to get discouraged, I often think if I ever will graduate and if I do will any employer accept me? and stuff like that.
    Although the fact that some people have it worse yet comeout fine, encourage me. But I sometimes forget.

Sorry naman din kung emo! hehe, I just wanted other people's stories but I guess I had to go first.
    ok, since your dad is dead, the MAJOR MAJOR contributor to your problems is gone

yehey!

school? that's minor

gf? that's minor

money? since your dad is gone, the money your mom sends you goes directly to you na

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ok, since your dad is dead, the MAJOR MAJOR contributor to your problems is gone

yehey!

school? that's minor

gf? that's minor

money? since your dad is gone, the money your mom sends you goes directly to you na
    those are all good points sir uls, but dealing with my dad dying is a problem on it's own. although a minor one.

and the biggest problem for me is regaining confidence and the things on my permanent record.

btw, thanks for the advice everyone.

and also, my Dad was a good person before his problems, fyi lang.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    so your only problem now is your confidence and school records?

like i said take it like a man and move on.
    what you went through is not even 10% of what happened to me but i survived and now i'm living the best life!
    time is your friend... it will sort things out. you are still young.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by juntzo View Post
    so your only problem now is your confidence and school records?

like i said take it like a man and move on.
    what you went through is not even 10% of what happened to me but i survived and now i'm living the best life!
    time is your friend... it will sort things out.
    Yeah actually, I'd consider myself currently problem free, but everyone asked about the rough patch I went through so I shared it.

sir can you share with us your story?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^No offense but do you need to hear that other people have/had it worse to make yourself feel better?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    no. i won't share my story!
    (maybe you are just a writer looking for a story! jk.)

but i'm serious about your problem being not even 10% of what i went through. see my sig below? my living a good life now is my revenge.

so my advice to you is try to make good in your studies now and help your siblings so that they too will do good in school. all of you will have a good future. time will be on your side. ten years from now you will all be fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bouncing back