New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    finally, a new technology to keep pesky dogs from urinating on our beloved cars...

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article....&in_page_id=34

dog may be man's best friend but a gleaming new car is often man's pride and joy – and never the twain should meet.

But careless canines now face a shock if they do their business over their owner's new Beamer.

Electric shock technology unveiled in the latest BMW should ensure no peeing poodle feels too cock-a-hoop after cocking a leg.

A pet who relieves itself over the new model's wheels will get quite a buzz out of it – as an unpleasant 200volts shoots through its body.

BMW described the invention as a shock to the system of any poor pets who may well be house-trained but not yet able to keep the driveway dry.

You could, in fact, say that BMW has declared war on Rover, 14 years after buying the British car firm of the same name.

But the German giant does insist the immediate electric sting is 'relatively pain-free' – although bracing enough to deter the instant hot dog in future.

According to the inventors, energy generated when slamming on the brakes is stored and transformed into an electrical charge, ready to zap any mucky pup spending a penny.

Dr Hans Zoff, the boffin behind the Canine Repellent Alloy Protection system, said: 'Research shows that most BMW customers love to keep their cars clean – but dog fouling is a constant irritant.'

But Lola Forpi, from campaign group Put Animals First, said: 'All motorists must expect to go through the odd puddle here and there. As well as going for a drive, we'd recommend owners regularly go for “walkies” as well if they want to have a very relieved pet.'

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I hope a third-party manufacturer eventually makes this technology an after-market option for all vehicles.

Ilang beses nang naiihian yung rims ko pag bumibisita ako sa parents ko. Dami kasing asong gala dun eh.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Very nice. Strangely, my dogs don't pee on our wheels.

You really would wanna kill the dog after just coming from a carwash.
    Last edited by Horsepower; April 9th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ I read somewhere that a dog will never pee on its master's cars, but will never hesitate to pee on others...seems true, as my dogs also never peed on my cars.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Does it work against people too, mainly guys? Especially in the Philippines.

I mean I'm not blameless myself. There's at least one time when I had an "emergency" at the wheel well of someone's car back when I was a teen.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; April 9th, 2008 at 05:39 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^Pretty soon that "emergency" incident will become a shocking affair once aftermarket units are available!

However, I'm curious - can this device be turned off for when, say, you need to replace a flat tire?

Wait I just had an idea, this device should be mandatory on ALL buses so when they get a flat, they won't just replace the tire in the middle of the road else they get shocked and jump backwards onto incoming traffic!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My dog pees on any car that goes out of the garage. He doesn't pee on cars that stayed in the garage the whole day.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It depends on the dog... if he doesn't pee on your car, he probably already considers that part of the house... his home (you notice dogs don't pee on the furniture). But if he considers the garage or driveway "public", he might just have a wizz to mark his territory.

-----

Hmmm... magawa nga itong mod... would be pretty funny to see...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

BMW's war on dog wee