New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hey, just wanna ask... do you believe in bad luck when a black cat tries to cross the street before you pass?

i am really pissed off with this black cat in our street. i dont wanna see this cat! it always crosses the street before i pass, so i need to take a u-turn even one house na lang bahay na namin...

needless to say, i am just bothered because of the countless (both minor and major) street encounters i came across...

by the way, is it ok if i ask the guard to kill if not get rid of this black cat? no bad luck ba? :roll:

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    ginagawa ko pag may black cat.. sign of the cross na lang pampaalis ng malas.. if you really want to kill the poor black cat... try to pass on the street tapos hintayin mo mag cross... sagasaan mo na lang para mawala na worries mo.. he.he.he. para vice versa naman.. siya ang minalas hindi ikaw.. :P

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don't naman kawawa naman yun cat! di naman nya kasalanan kung black siya eh! pahuli mo nalang sa guard lagay sa sako then let it loose somewhere else (dun sa hindi ka nagpupunta ha!)

pero may isang superstition na 5 times ko na na-confirm, yun number 666. here's the story...

when i was working with ag&p as an estimation engineer, i had 4 different contracts to compute. in all 4 of those contracts there were 4 different consumable items that totalled P666.00 each. so nainis ako at alam ko malas yun number na yun. that same night was the UP lantern parade so i went to UP to see my friends. yun, 4 times kami nabangga sa kotse. 1st time yun gamit namin yun isang car ng barkada, nabangga before 6pm. then yun isang car ng isa pang barkada nabangga 3x, 1st by a taxi, then 30 minutes later by a mercedes benz while we were waiting for the traffic police to arrive, then 10 minutes later a datsun car rammed through hitting 3 of my friends and the mercedes benz driver. all people except for the taxi driver, all persons involved (mercedes driver and datsun driver included) were UP students. kala ko patay na yun 2 friends ko kasi i saw them flying in the air due to the impact, buti na lang matitigas talaga ulo at bali lang ng buto inabot. even the mercedes driver who went under the datsun had only minor scratches. he was able to hold on to something under the car so he was not run over, even though it took some 30 meters before the car stopped and he was under it!

then the 5th time we had that damn 666 was 6 years later. we were all enjoying a couple bottles of beer each before we go see this other friend who was treating us out to dinner (and there were 6 of us hehehehe). tapos when the bill came at 6 minutes past 6pm (you remember those times coz they make you shriver!) it was exactly P666.00. so i reminded everyone of the accident 6 years before so we agreed not to even touch the receipt and order another round to break the jinx. but one of our friends did not believe in such things so he got the receipt, called everyone of us a sisy and paid for it. ayun, nawala wallet nya 1 hour later hehehehe! he had P20k plus some US$ in his wallet, not to mention credit cards and atm. now he believes! :mrgreen:

all true, no joke, no lies, no exagerations either.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if a black cat crosses your path is bad luck... what happens if you happen to run over that black cat with your car before he crosses your path? :twisted:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tama si marwen, kung naniniwala ka na curse ang black cat, siguro naman nanniwala ka na may diyos!
    magdasal ka na lang

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im not superstitious at all..... on top of that..... i like black! :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung naniniwala ka, just avoid it when you come across one. Para may peace of mind ka na lang. Pero don't pay too much attention to it na baka maparanoid ka. The more you think about it kasi, the more you lean towards na may mangyayari nga.

Pero I personally don't. Lahat ay coincidental lang siguro. Ganyan din siguro nagsimula mga iyan. May nangyaring coincidental after one encountered such a thing. Isa lang talaga ayaw ko sa lahat ng mga kasabihan sa Pilipinas. Kapag ang bahay mo ay directly across ng "T" intersection. It's not because I believe na malas. It's because talagang malapit sa desgraya dahil kung may drunk driver eh, baka dederetso at babangga sa bahay...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nyah! Wag kang maniwala dyan, just like jesi said wag mong pansinin.

yebo,
    OT: AG&P ka dati? May kilala kang John Coloso from Instrumentation?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sHoCkAbSoRbEr,

ate mau.. malas ka lang talaga.. un na un. :mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IceColdBeer,

sa ACRD ako dati sa port area, a loooooong time ago. laki ng ag&p nuon pare, more than 5000 employees. ngayon wala na, bankrupt na at puro prodigal yung mga anak ng mayari hehehehe!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
BLACK CAT superstition...