New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It has been observed BIR agents are harassing restaurants. Reason why restaurants are targeted is because these places are using POS system to monitor their income. This also makes it easier for the BIR to check.

Is this a move by PGMA to generate election funds for 2010?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we do not know if it is the basis of the harassment or not. wala na akong tiwala kay GMA eh.

but afaik, they are also harassing other small businesses too.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Syempre. My friend's mom is working on BIR and he confirmed this. Di lang na mention kung may involvement si GMA.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i think it's coz the BIR is pressured to increase its tax revenue coz of massive Phil. govt borrowing this year

sigurado di lang restos ang hinaharass nila

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The PASG is also actively harassing warehouses these past few weeks. Mga i-ninspection lang at nakapasa a few months ago, gusto inspection ulit. By the SAME guys of the SAME group, mind you, so I dunno...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    The PASG is also actively harassing warehouses these past few weeks. Mga i-ninspection lang at nakapasa a few months ago, gusto inspection ulit. By the SAME guys of the SAME group, mind you, so I dunno...
    Lahat hina-harass. GMA didn't reach her target revenue so the pressure is on. The problem is, di nila hinahabol ang mga big fish. If we go for the big companies ran by the Chinese, they would have better chances of hitting their target.

Hay! Some things never change...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post
    Lahat hina-harass. GMA didn't reach her target revenue so the pressure is on. The problem is, di nila hinahabol ang mga big fish. If we go for the big companies ran by the Chinese, they would have better chances of hitting their target.

Just the chinese? That is saying filipinos are 100% honest. And then how about the muslim traders (tiange?)... tax-free operation?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Just the chinese? That is saying filipinos are 100% honest. And then how about the muslim traders (tiange?)... tax-free operation?
    Honga naman. Sama mo narin yung mga DVD sa quiapo.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Quint View Post

yun friend ko (chinese), one of the biggest hardware dito sa philippines. lahat or halos lahat ng warehouse nila kinandado ng PASG, puro smuggled goods daw ang pinaparating. nangyari lang ito a few weeks ago at nasa dyaryo nun isang araw.

naisip ko nanggigipit nanaman ang gobyerno para makakolekta para gamitin sa eleksyon, biglaan lang kasi nilang pinasara yun mga bodega.

walang pag-asa talaga gobyerno natin, kayod ng kayod ang mga negosyante tas gagawin ang mga kalokohan na to ng gobyerno

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

There are a few restaurants we saw that were padlocked.... This is not good, especially during these times when the economy is not doing well.... Leaves a bad taste in the mouth......

8303:dishwash:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
BIR harassing Restaurants. Move by PGMA for election funds for 2010?