New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys need your honest comment because we're confuse whether we'll go online application or thru consultancy. We received rate quote from the consultancy amounting to NZ$3800 excluding embassy's expenses. Is this reasonable? Can somebody please tell us the exact expenses payable to the embassy? Aside from the EOI US$400 and Migrant Levy of US$300/person.
    One more thing...we don't qualify under Skilled Migrant Category what's the best thing to do or what kind of application should we apply for in order to successfully migrate to New Zealand? Have read one of the comments here saying that he doesn't have any job offer, his work is not in demand and doesn't have close relative. But luckily he made it Tips please
    Please need your sound advice My family would greatly appreciate your openness and sincerity in giving us advice. Thank you so much

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    On-line application is better 'coz it's cheaper & faster. You should know first if you qualify in points based on your spouse & your qualifications. You could register at:

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/secure/default.htm

In my case, I applied on-line and my EOI was approved and I was already invited to apply but i have to turn it down due to some reason like: going to Beijing for the interview and other expenses which i don't prioritize at the moment. i paid the EOI application on-line using credit card including the preliminary NZQA assessment. i believe master JEDI had also gone through this process.

My friends who are now in NZ regretted their use of consultants 'coz it seems that they just padding their fees in every step of the process and you'll be obliged to make use of their mailing address so they can hold your documents once you miss payment, or you cannot follow-up directly to the NZIS.

My 2 cents...hoping other succesful tsikoteers in NZ could enlighten you more on this..

Good luck...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thank you so much Valvura We really appreciate your advice we'll follow your advice.

If we don't qualify under the SMC (skilled migrant category), what kind of application should we apply for? I was delighted and encouraged after reading the message from "FullThrottle"....he made it despite of the fact that he doesn't have a job offer, no relatives and his job is not in demand. I wonder what his point was.

Guys please feel free to comment especially those who are experienced in this area also it's much appreciated if you can cite the actual expenses.

Thank you so much

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I also didn't have any relative in nz, no employment offer. I thought I could have extra points in the absolute skills shortage area being a civil engineer but NZIS disqualified my points for this because my BS Degree was completed in the Philippines which is NOT a "Washington-Accord" country. From 135 points it was reduced to 110. My application was returned to the pool but was later considered for ITA.

Age is a very big factor (if you're less than 40).

Fullthrottle's points is indicated in the other thread.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valvura View Post
    I also didn't have any relative in nz, no employment offer. I thought I could have extra points in the absolute skills shortage area being a civil engineer but NZIS disqualified my points for this because my BS Degree was completed in the Philippines which is NOT a "Washington-Accord" country. From 135 points it was reduced to 110. My application was returned to the pool but was later considered for ITA.

Age is a very big factor (if you're less than 40).

Fullthrottle's points is indicated in the other thread.
    Do they really require interviews to be done in china? I thought telephone conversation is enough. I had second thoughts in applying for Australia because they require 150k for the application, 1st and 2nd installments (direct to consul, without agency) and I found out that NZ is cheaper. But if I have to fly to china for the interview, then it might turn out that the expenses will be the same. Australia na lang ako, mas malaki ang chances that youll find a better job, di lang taga pastol ng tupa. hehehehe

Anyone tried applying for Canada? Magkano ang magagastos?

TIA

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    Do they really require interviews to be done in china? I thought telephone conversation is enough. I had second thoughts in applying for Australia because they require 150k for the application, 1st and 2nd installments (direct to consul, without agency) and I found out that NZ is cheaper. But if I have to fly to china for the interview, then it might turn out that the expenses will be the same. Australia na lang ako, mas malaki ang chances that youll find a better job, di lang taga pastol ng tupa. hehehehe

Anyone tried applying for Canada? Magkano ang magagastos?

TIA
    well there no NZ embassy in the Philippines, NZ's Thailand embassy is loaded, the reason why they are tapping their embassy in China. Prior to that expense, you have to mail your qualifications to NZQA in NZ for thier assessment. Once you are approved after the interview, you'll be given a work to residence visa where after two (2) years you'll be evaluated if you have relevant experience corresponding to you skilled migrant category. nandoon ka na, say nagtratrabaho pero hindi related sa skill mo, may chance ka pang madisapprove sa permanent residence (PR) then bago pa maging citizen.

sa provincial nomination ng Canada, since they're after na ma-populate ang lugar nila due to large natural resources, you just need to get any job at PR kana agad. note the monetary value ng Canadian dollar, natatalo na ang USD much more pa ang AUS$ & NZ$. however pag skilled ang inapplyan mo, you have also to prove your skill. "show" money is required but application is free sa provincial nominee programs.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    thanks sir!

Actually, same field tayo, arkitekto naman ako . I have reviewed their immediate shortage list, and what they require is just a bachelors degree.

Same din kaya sa canada? Yung isa kasi tsikoteer sa kabila thread, wala pa isang taon, naalis na papunta NZ. Sa canada, abutin ako 4 years for the application. My kids will be older then, no time to save a little for them and might as well take them there.

Plano kasi namin, habang bata pa mga kids, kami muna ni wifey punta.

Btw sir valvura, san ka naka apply ngayon?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
    thanks sir!

Actually, same field tayo, arkitekto naman ako . I have reviewed their immediate shortage list, and what they require is just a bachelors degree.

Same din kaya sa canada? Yung isa kasi tsikoteer sa kabila thread, wala pa isang taon, naalis na papunta NZ. Sa canada, abutin ako 4 years for the application. My kids will be older then, no time to save a little for them and might as well take them there.

Plano kasi namin, habang bata pa mga kids, kami muna ni wifey punta.

Btw sir valvura, san ka naka apply ngayon?
    well yung sobrang bilis ng processing sa NZ ang reason why hindi yun na pursue kasi i'm currently well employed & may 2 na akong college though meron paring 3 maliit. i'm planning makatapos muna ang dalawa in 2-3 more years, kaya lang immediate ang sa NZ. actually i'm after the oppurtunity for a better life and environment sa mga bata. may allowance daw ang mga bata sa Canada, well in NZ, may mga public schools naman mapapasukan if you're on a limited fund.

i have a pending application sa Manitoba, Canada but if i really want makaalis kaagad, may skilled workers reqts. daw sa Alberta. search for an employer sa internet, then makakaalis ka na kaagad once makakuha ka ng employer na mag-sponsor.

in my experience working abroad before, it's not advisable na makahiwalay ang family members with each other.

better and cheaper ang mag-apply kasama agad ang entire family.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by valvura View Post
    i have a pending application sa Manitoba, Canada but if i really want makaalis kaagad, may skilled workers reqts. daw sa Alberta. search for an employer sa internet, then makakaalis ka na kaagad once makakuha ka ng employer na mag-sponsor.

in my experience working abroad before, it's not advisable na makahiwalay ang family members with each other.

better and cheaper ang mag-apply kasama agad ang entire family.
    Thanks sir for the advise. Mas maganda siguro pag sabay -abayin ko na lang. at least bank statements at kung ano pa requirements, damihan ko na lang ng kopya at ipadala sa lahat. Australia, new zealand at canada.

Which is better....online application on thru consultancy