New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    guys, may nakapanood na ba sa inyo ng beowulf sa imax? ok ba? sulit ba ung 400? hehe. full 3d ba to sa imax o part part lang?

thanks

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I believe yung animated part lang ang 3D, the rest 2D pa din. But then, I'm not sure. Maganda ba tong movie na to? I saw the trailer and parang boring IMO, or is it just me?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

IMAX ba kamo?..... Naku, pag nalaman ito ng mga anak namin siguradong uungutan kaming manood.... Mahal!.....Hindi muna kami pupunta ng MoA.....

4505:vader:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Story was nice, but the animation was like Polar Express and Shrek 3. Yung mga tao are stiff, parang galaw ng puppet at yung mga mukha lacks expression. Lalo na si John Malkovich, yun character expression is so blank...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    I believe yung animated part lang ang 3D, the rest 2D pa din. But then, I'm not sure. Maganda ba tong movie na to? I saw the trailer and parang boring IMO, or is it just me?
    Di ba all animated ito?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It's all computer generated, motion capture daw so I heard. It was a nice movie but sadly it's not as fluid as I hoped it would be. My friend said masmaganda pa rin Advent Children in terms of fluidity.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I saw the movie with my family yesterday. The moviehouse was full.

For its entertainment value, I think the 400 bucks was worth it. The CGI and 3d effects was great. But still, the facial expressions of the characters are still lacking. They still can't simulate real human emotions.

But don't bring young kids along. My 4-year old tagged along as she did not want to be left behind at home. She got scared at the monster at the start of the movie. Aside from being hideous-looking, the monster munched on the bones of its human oponents. It was a good thing that my daughter decided to fall asleep. Pero sayang ang P400. She woke up towards the end of the movie and it was the exciting part, and she enjoyed this part.

There are also adult themes in the movie like seduction and lust. It also featured a naked demones which they copied from the likeness of Angelina Jolie. I had to do some explaining to my 12-year old about the seduction and lust portion.

If you have not experienced IMAX, this is a good movie to watch.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ok yung movie for me... worth it naman yung 400...

Hindi nga sha pangbata...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The Grendel's cries are somewhat disturbing especially to kids. And yes, the parts where the human victims were torn apart is also going to be disturbing for them. Here it's rated PG-13 as long as an adult is with them.

When Grendel's mother, played by the CGI version of Angelina Jolie, rose from the water, I overheard some guys in the back groan, "Holy sh!t"

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    When Grendel's mother, played by the CGI version of Angelina Jolie, rose from the water, I overheard some guys in the back groan, "Holy sh!t"
    This makes me more interested.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Beowulf at IMAX (no spoilers please)