New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Asset or Liability ([SIZE=2]medyo mahaba lang[/SIZE])

THE BASICS OF CASH FLOW

There are those who e-mailed me asking about the basics of cash flow. I'm really sorry that I assumed everybody already understands it. Anyway, by demand … here it goes…

May isang bata… joke lang.

The basic is. What pattern do you see if you will get a P100.00 bill and monitor where and how it is transferred from 1 possessor to the other? How does it flow? The pattern for a typical Pinoy is.

You earn from your work, you spend it on food, gadgets, clothing and other basic needs. Before you reach the next payday, paubos na yung pera mo. But that's ok payday is just a few days ahead and it doesn't matter if I run out of money, I am expecting money again any time soon.

This cycle goes on and on and you make some sidelines or create other ways to earn but it seems that money was never enough. (I am tempted to explain further pero usapan… basics lang).

So you can't leave the job that you have because a week without work would affect the cash flow you have to support your family and needs. As much as you wanted to accept another job, the gap would make you pay less for a couple of days, which makes you a slave to your boss.

At least, you have a job to support your needs.

So to illustrate…Cash is flowing inside your pocket.

Years have gone by doing your monotonous routine.

Question… what if you get fired? Or you were forced to retire because there are new and younger people ready to take your place. What would you do?

As an OFW, Makati Executive, Top Salesman, Engineer, Attorney, Teacher, etc… What if it all ends? The sweet cash that enters your pocket every 15 th and 30th suddenly comes to a halt.

There are two things you can buy with your money… An asset and a liability. To describe each... An asset brings money inside your pocket; a liability takes money out of your pocket. Another way to see, it is that an asset if you buy one, will bring the money you spent for it back to you 2 or 3 folds. A liability, when you buy it will not give your money back at all.

Sa ilocano… idjay ti kwa… djak maawatan… (joke lang po, seryoso na kayo eh…)

Sa madaling salita… kapag asset, maibabalik ang pera , pag liability, goodbye sa pera…

Ang problema kay JUAN DE LA CRUZ, habang may trabaho ipon ng ipon at bili ng bili ng liability!

I have seen OFWs get back to the country with gold chains at kung pwede lang limang shades ang isuot ng sabay-sabay gagawin nya eh… dvd, component, jackets, clothes, inuman, pulutan, party, pabango… hindi na makalakad sa dami ng bitbit…

At s'yempre mga empleyado natin dito sa bansa na lingo-lingo bago cell phone at mags ng kotse.. hindi na nga magkasya ang damit sa aparador, tapos pag umaga sasabihin…. wala na akong maisuot.

Guys, esep-esep… what you bought… will it bring money back to you? I know what you have in mind… you have to enjoy what you worked hard for. That's right, but think of something that will last… think of your future.

I have seen the worst of people who were abogado de kampanilya, executive secretaries of top rank business men, people who worked for big companies, earned a fortune and got a big retirement pay by the millions… Now…. Wala na.

Why? Because of their cash flow… went in… went out.

I need not to mention basketball players, actors, singers, etc… Check what is their career path… next after acting, singing and playing… POLITICS. Kasi, 'yung million na kinita nila, puro liability ang binili.

Going back… all the liability they bought, ibinenta ng mura! I'm wearing a gold chain now, which I got from a seaman… he bought it for P35,000 and sold it for 8,000 to me. Hindi po asset ang alahas! Bakit? Totoo na tumataas ang value n'ya pero kapag gutom ka na, kahit palugi ibebenta mo! (wala bang aaray?) Cell phones… dvd players etc. pati bahay at kotse… that's the cash flow of most OFWs…

The question is … "WHAT IF THE INCOME STOPS?"

[SIZE=3]Sa Pinoy, ganito: anak… mag-aral kang maigi, at pag tanda namin… ikaw na bahala sa amin ha…. Hindi po ba maling-mali… (tama! Tama!!! maling mali ito!!!) [/SIZE]

You have to establish something today that will take care of your future.

Teka, teka… eh ano ang dapat gawin para hindi mangyari yan?

You must create a source of income that will continually make money flow inside your pocket. Start a business! While you are working as an executive or an OFW, or a professional… START A BUSINESS and MASTER that business till you get out of that company. Para kapag tumigil ang income mo sa kanila… may susuporta pa din sa iyo hanggang pag-tanda mo!

HUWAG MO I-ASA ANG PAGTANDA MO SA IBA! GUMAWA KA NG SARILI MONG BALON NG PERA! KAHIT MALIIT PA 'YAN, SARILI MO AT HINDI KA AASA SA IBANG TAO…

Imagine yourself when you reach an older age… (aruy ko,,, baka yung iba sa inyo about that age… tabi tabi po…Ako po sa mga nagtatanong… I'm 37 years old. Naabutan ko pa si Michael Jackson at hinele po ako ng nanay ko sa mga kanta ng hagibis…). You have money that the company gave you as your retirement pay… what will you do?

You can consume the money till your old… eh kung hindi umabot? Masamang damo ka pala… at hindi ka kaagad kinuha ni Lord. Eh pang age 65 lang yung naipon mo na budget.

Or maybe, you can start a business and use the money for capital… Kapatid… 9 out of 10 businesses, FAILED… yung isang magsa-succeed, gagayahin pa ng kapitbahay mo instead na mag-franchise sa 'yo… think! At age 50, you are struggling trying to make a business work! What if it fails?!
    Eh ano nga ba ang sagot?

The answer is, stop buying liabilities and instead buy assets now. I don't care if it is a banana-Q store, balot, ice candy or a sari-sari store, etc… start now! Because, your experience here will teach you what to do in the future. It's so hard to struggle in business when you are 60 yrs old.

You have to create a source of income separated from the source of income from your work. That when the time comes that you have to stop working, you will have your own source of money! Create assets, start a business that will be there to support you and your family. I AM NOT TELLING YOU TO QUIT YOUR JOB! I'm telling you to start a business while you're working and stop spending your money on liabilities and start putting them on assets!

Ang pera kapag pinambili mo ng LIABILITY… hindi na babalik… ang ASSET… BABALIK.

Teka… masama ba bumili ng mga magagandang gamit? Hindi! Siguraduhin mo lang na ang pambili mo nun ay galing sa asset mo. The business has to be prioritized! Mawalan ka man ng trabaho, may negosyo kang palalaguin.

If before, nabubuhay ka naman ng iisa sapatos mo, huwag mo baguhin 'yun… dati, nagdyi-jeep ka lang… 'wag ka na munang mag-FX…

Create assets and lessen liabilities. Invest and learn now… mag-negosyo!

Eh anong negosyo? Any, as long as you think it is work and doable! I am still looking for partners for my HOME MASSAGE SERVICE! SPA MAGIC! And my business CAR MAGIC is still franchising… (joke lang … baka sabihin nyo nag pro-promote lang ako eh…But I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT ALL MY BUSINESSES ARE ORIGINAL AND ALL ARE GRAND ASSETS!

I started all my businesses with a very small capital. If I used that money to buy a gadget, new shoes or any liability… baka wala lahat ng negosyo ko at wala na akong makain ngayon.

Again, I hope that this BASIC CASH FLOW article helps…. I wish all of us become financially free!

FROM UNKNOWN AUTHOR
    Last edited by russpogi; October 19th, 2007 at 12:55 AM. Reason: added quotes

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    haba naman...

ipon t-cash para isugal sa pacquiao - barrera fight?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    haba naman...
    ya, cliff notes would help

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    there are things in life that many may perceive to be a liability pero asset din. like for example, I just bought a Tvix Mediaplayer and it costed me 20K+ with hard drive.

after tinkering with it and after accompaniying my wife in Watson's, another business idea flourished.

======

if what you buy is something that can make you feel good/satisfied, hardly it is a liability. bec. after the feeling of satisfaction comes the refreshed soul.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    As in many things, a good balance is essential to money. Hindi naman lahat ng pinoy ay waldas. Meron din namang kabaliktaran! Yung tipong saksakan ng yaman pero sa restawran ay tatanggapin ang alok mong magbayad kahit sila ang nang-imbita. O yung sa sobrang kuripot at mukhang pera ay wala ng may gustong makipag-transaksyon dahil alam kagad nila na gusto lang silang isahan.

Totoo, maraming waldas. Marami din namang super kunat. Sana lang tandaan natin na bukod sa pangaraw araw nating pangangailangan ay dapat nating pag-ipunan ang ating pagtanda o pagkakasakit. Pero para magpaka dusa ka ng hindi naman kailangan ay hindi din tama. Hindi mo naman mababaon sa hukay ang pera.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ilan beses ko na ba nabasa to???
    hanggang ngayon ganito pa rin ako!
    heto pa rin ako naghihirap...working just to survive each day!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I read this somewhere before. Actually, not exactly this but it boils down to buying assets and avoid buying liabilities. This a good read actually!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jazcker View Post
    ilan beses ko na ba nabasa to???
    hanggang ngayon ganito pa rin ako!
    heto pa rin ako naghihirap...working just to survive each day!
    bro kaya ka nagsusurvive kasi naaply muna yong nabasa mo he he he he

hirap talaga kung aasa kalang lagi sa employer.dapat talaga meron kang pansuporta.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    good read mahaba lang talaga,maganda talaga yung meron kang negosyo ang kaso ano ang pagumpisa mo?ipon ka rin na galing sa employer mo,pagkain mo sa araw araw baon ng mga bata,wala rin pupuntahan yung sinusweldo mo.ako nga lang ang ganda na ng kinkita ko pati misis ko,kulang pa rin dami mo kasing pananagutan.kaya kung sino man ang mayroon ginituang puso diyan kindly donate anything that can help me,cash check visa or mastercard to onat_1*yahoo.com

joke

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nice one....but as always, most of the things are easily said than done...daming tukso e.

Hay....kelan kaya ako magkakalakas loob na maging entreprenuer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
The basics of cash flow