New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I bought my Canon in HK because of the cheaper price. Don't blame Canon. I think almost all electronic products are taxed heavily (too bad for us). But the warranty is not for international coverage. So I just made sure everything worked. Bought it on the second day (after walking around Nathan Road and ending up buying in HK island), and used the thing 'til I left.

I believe one of the posters here is from Canon... Maybe he can give you a good price.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    may mga warranty den naman yung ibang shops sa hidalgo. check this out na lang.

http://www.themassif.com/sp_retailers.php

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Best places to get Camera gear in HK are in Mong Kok and a few other places. But mostly , I get them in Mong Kok. There are 2 types of different products here in HK. 1) Products with HK warranty and 2) Products without (grey market imports) or in local linggo, "Water Products".
    As expected "Water Products" are substantially cheaper than the one's with official warranty. But since we're talking about DSLR's here, this is a pretty penny thus, I'd think it would be better to buy one's with official warranty.
    I've confirmed with my cousin who has contacts with Canon Phil. He said that Canon does not have International warranty. They do however have some sort of International Warranty for Pro Photographers who travel around the world frequently. I can't recall the acronym anymore but it's only for Pro Photographers (the likes of which who are from National Geographic or Big News Orgs.).

Also, Canon products in HK are cheaper than RP counterparts due to it being a Tax Free zone. Canon products and other electronics gadgets have a premium price back there in the RP.

If you really wanna buy here in HKG, msg me and I can bring you around. Also, check out this site for more details with regards to prices.

http://ygdragon.net/
    (click on the Lens Price list on the top -- in pink -- or the Lens Price Reference Link in the middle -- in orange -- ).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oh yeah, i forgot to mention...

if you do decide to buy in the Phil instead for the Phil. warranty, then I must warn you that Nikon support by Columbia isn't exactly heaven sent... i know of or have heard of a lot of photographers in other forums of their experiences and how turned off they are with support by Columbia.

Canon Phil warranty on the other hand is waayyy better. So the choice is up to you...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    [/QUOTE]I believe one of the posters here is from Canon... Maybe he can give you a good price.
    [QUOTE]

im not sure kung ang handle name niya is ...GELSALAZAR...

i repeat im not sure ..kung siya nga taga canon nag bibigay ng special offer non sa digital camera dahil may promo yata non .

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    si ACT111 is the local distributor of columbia dba? maybe he could give u a cheaper price for the nikons

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    buo ba yung warranty (as in Canon warranty, not store warranty) sa quiapo? and madali mag return/exchange?

punta kasi akong HK end of the month e hehe...
    Marvs, tama si BB..tawagan mo muna si Andy aka ACT111..baka mas mura sa kanya at siguradong may warranty..(may libreng test drive pa yata sa SC bimmer niya)..tanong mo kay M2...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    my advise:
    buy the unit here in quiapo
    buy the accessories somewhere else whereever they may be cheaper

justification:
    1. why quiapo? cheaper than getting it from malls... the quiapo (at least the ones i know of) dealers also get their stocks from local distributors... i don't think that they do parallel import and distribution lalo na kung may malaking distributor dito.. kaya nila ibaba ang presyo dahil hindi lang particular sa isang brand ang dala nila sa shops... halo halo.. kaya di nila kailangan magtaga ng presyo... also.. karamihan ng mga pang negosyo (video photo coverage ) ay sa quiapo bumibili ng supplies.... kung warranty naman ang issue... quiapo dealers honor warranties.. product or seller man yan... especially if you buy it from them... kung sa HK ka bibili, ok lang KUNG madalas kang magpabalik balik na kung magkaproblema eh madali mo madadala dun for repairs.. pero pag bihira ka naman bumiyahe dun o kaya wala gano kilala na pabalik balik dun.. medyo mahihirapan ka...

as it is.. although the main unit is a major percentage of total cost, other accessories will eat up around 20 - 30% of total cost... and here is where you can save a lot by buying elsewhere...

sa mga battery and canon specific attachments / accessories... wala kang choice kungdi Canon brand.. so choice mo na lang is kung san ka bibili... halos ala naman warranty pinag uusapan dyan.. but kung lenses ang pag uusapan.. don't limit yourself just to Canon... you can also look into other brands like vivitar, sigma, tamron (which by the way had a very very good 28 - 300mm lens back when i was still an afficionado)...

in particular .. kakilala ko yung sa Mayer photo ... i got my stuff from him (slr, flash, lens)... natigil lang nung nanakaw sa akin yung EOS ko pati yung tamron lens pati yung 550ex flash waaaaa.... but i've been thinking hard about getting the digital EOS... may iba pa kasi akong flash and lenses dito . but then may iba pa akong pinag iipunan so medyo low priority muna...
    Last edited by wowiesy; July 18th, 2005 at 12:37 PM.

Nikkon lang ba binebenta ni ACT?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    not only nikon but also konica, hitachi, olympus and casio ata

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Bakit sobrang mahal ng Canon products dito?