New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Was this the same siege in makati, wherein they drove an armored carrier inside a hotel lobby and peppered it with machine gun fire? That was cool btw.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rhuwrx View Post
    Was this the same siege in makati, wherein they drove an armored carrier inside a hotel lobby and peppered it with machine gun fire? That was cool btw.
    Actually that was unrequired and stupid.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually that was unrequired and stupid.
    Maybe it was the phil military version of shock and awe..., unfortunately they also shocked and awed quite a few tourists and investors...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mahahabang M-16 pa rin gamit nila. Tayo na lang ata gumagamit nito......

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    yep its m16, other countries use m4a1 and bushmaster( sort of baby armalite)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rhuwrx View Post
    I doubt that majority of these guys haven't been to actual combat in mindanao, it's just that maybe that was their first time with an urban warfare scenario. You could look it up in timawa.net, they have a very deep discussion of what happened there, I think the ground commander even had a few words. But still, man, looking at the picture alone, it really looks like a major fail.

Malabong malabo na wala silang experience sa live urban combat/training:

1) they always display an urban combat scenario sa mga events like yung mga events sa Luneta.

2) sa kadami-daming mga welga/protests and "People Power"(trilogy na nga ata eh??) na nangyari which all took place sa urban areas you'd think they'd learn to start their training.

3) majority of battles in Mindanao happens in urban places. I know I was there telling them to keep their mouth shut when we were encountering enemy fire. What a way to give up your position. You'll just hear them shouting "Ayun! Nasa kaliwa! DAPA DAPA DAPA!!!" or "Ratratan na naten! Tumba yung kasama naten!" Shesh, you'd think that the guerillas were hearing impared!

Wanna see my squad??

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    Malabong malabo na wala silang experience sa live urban combat/training:

1) they always display an urban combat scenario sa mga events like yung mga events sa Luneta.

2) sa kadami-daming mga welga/protests and "People Power"(trilogy na nga ata eh??) na nangyari which all took place sa urban areas you'd think they'd learn to start their training.

3) majority of battles in Mindanao happens in urban places. I know I was there telling them to keep their mouth shut when we were encountering enemy fire. What a way to give up your position. You'll just hear them shouting "Ayun! Nasa kaliwa! DAPA DAPA DAPA!!!" or "Ratratan na naten! Tumba yung kasama naten!" Shesh, you'd think that the guerillas were hearing impared!

Wanna see my squad??
    Never thought that majority of battles in mindanao happens in urban places, nice tidbit of info there.

*sir SaberRider,

Please feel free to share your stories and pics, pero create na lang po tayo ng different thread baka ma off topic na po tayo. Although I'm no frustrated soldier wannabee, I am very interested about military stuff, it started way back when I first visited a US airbase in kuwait when i as a kid.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung papansinin niyo, yung police lights don't actually belong to the revo (which has private plates) but to the white vehicle behind it. pero dun pa rin sila nagkumpol. ano yun, nautusan ng commander na wag sa government vehicle kasi sila mananagot kung niratrat?! "dun tayo sa revo! siguro naman insured to kaya ok lang pag nasira" hahaha

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Maybe the soldiers are using the ancient warfare tortoise formation like the Spartans in the movie "300". :doh:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung pagkumpol-kumpol at pag dikit-dikit nila, pag ipinutok nila yung mga jurrasic M-16 nila, marami mabibingi........:hysterical:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Bad Philippine Military Tactics