New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    What's the correct military tactic for this situation? I'm not an expert so please enlighten me.
    The first thing I'd do is cordon off the street to the left and spread the troops out along the island (and any parked cars) which can be used for cover and concealment as well as spreading the (bad guys') field of fire.

Anything but what's on the photo. If I had an M-16 with NATO 5.56mm GP rounds, I'd say my bullets can pass through the vehicle and take out the closest 2-3 ranks except those by the engine block.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; August 30th, 2009 at 11:56 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If I were the guy those military men were after then I'll use an M4 carbine equipped with an M203 and an ecotec sight is more than enough along with 300 rounds of Steel Core bullets. I'd take out the guys from the back first so that they will be cornered by their dropped comrades at the back and by the vehicle they're using at the front and after that just drop an M203 grenade. But if I just want to go RAMBO on them then the M249 SAW would be more than enough. Pero ideal weapon for urban combat and elevated area ka at ganyan ang ideal grouping ng mga kalaban mo, the MK48(the big bro of the SAW) would massacre them.
    Last edited by SaberRider; August 30th, 2009 at 11:59 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    If I were the guy those military men were after then I'll use an M4 carbine equipped with an M203 and an ecotec sight is more than enough along with 300 rounds of Steel Core bullets. I'd take out the guys from the back first so that they will be cornered by their dropped comrades at the back and by the vehicle they're using at the front and after that just drop an M203 grenade. But if I just want to go RAMBO on them then the M249 SAW would be more than enough.
    Me, I'd just shoot straight into the car. I'd have to wonder how these guys would've dealt with the 1997 North Hollywood Bank Robbery...
    Part 1:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw94nN5qc_M"]YouTube - 1997 North Hollywood Shootout Pt.1[/ame]

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Actually sir no offense but if i am a soldier ill use my common sense, sa dami nyo ba dun pag binaril ka ng kalaban nyo sa tingin mo safe ka sa revo? Una sa lahat hindi babaril ang kalaban, granada agad ang ibabato nyan dahil sa marami kayo, second na lang siguro ang pag gamit ng baril which is also not safe kung ang tataguan mo lang eh yung revo at yungbody ng kasama mo. Marami na tayo nababalitaan inambush or binaril sa sasakyan tagus tagusan, lata po ang sasakyan hindi po makapal na bakal na hindi tatalab ang bala. "expect the worst" yan ang dapat mo isipin sa ganyang situation, kung baga safety muna bago ka lumaban. Baka puro teleserye at movies nila fpj,ramon revilla napapanood nito na hidi tumatalab ang bala sa sasakyan.
    nakakahiya nasa internet na ang kabobohan ng mga sandatahan natin. site na site pa lang nakakahiya na.
    Last edited by rai711; August 30th, 2009 at 12:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    *Jun, the North Hollywood guys would have been dead early on if it was in the Philippines. Remember LAPD only had 9mm and shotguns and they had to wait for SWAT and other officers had to borrow rifles from a gun store because the suspects had body armor from the neck down. Police in the Philippines carry M16 and other high caliber rifles only the security guards carry shotguns.

BTT
    I have seen this picture since the Makati siege photos came out, and a lot of our training officers have used it as an example of what not to do when seeking cover. Sad to say but the combat experienced soldiers in the Philippines have experience of fighting in the jungle and not urban warfare. Urban fighting is different form fighting in the jungles, tactics and training are different when you have civilians within range of your bullets.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    *Jun, the North Hollywood guys would have been dead early on if it was in the Philippines. Remember LAPD only had 9mm and shotguns and they had to wait for SWAT and other officers had to borrow rifles from a gun store because the suspects had body armor from the neck down. Police in the Philippines carry M16 and other high caliber rifles only the security guards carry shotguns.
    I'm sure if they were spread out like the LAPD were, the Philippine cops would do fine. But, I'm talking about these guys all taking cover behind one vehicle. I'd hate to even think of the chaos behind that Revo if gunmen fired assault rifle rounds into it.

It scares the crap out of me just thinking about it.

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post

BTT
    I have seen this picture since the Makati siege photos came out, and a lot of our training officers have used it as an example of what not to do when seeking cover. Sad to say but the combat experienced soldiers in the Philippines have experience of fighting in the jungle and not urban warfare. Urban fighting is different form fighting in the jungles, tactics and training are different when you have civilians within range of your bullets.
    Sir red, yan ang tinatawag na pangharang sa tingga, sundalong panlaban sa gera, If you can see those military in crame, grabe ang lalaki ng katawan, pero kung makikita mo mga sundalo sa mindanao ang papayat yun ang pang laban sa gera!

If you look closer to the picture, yung isa nagtatawag parang sinabe na punta na kayo nakatutuk na baril namen sa kanila, yung isa naman parang natuturo ,parang nakikipag laro ng taguan, bung gunmen, huli ka taya ka, parang may magagawa yung pagturo nya.

In reality ilan sa mga kinatatalo ng militar sa mga NPA,MILF and etc. eh yung pagkalito atnatataranta. check those NPAs and MILFs pag nasa bundok ba sila madami sila dala? ang militar natin may dalang kulambo,tulugan,delata,damit...putek eh sa bigat nun plus yung mga armas at bala nila isang hakbang pa lang lawit na dila ng mga militar papano nila mahuhuli o mahahabol ang mga against government kung ganun ang dala dala ng isang sundalo?
    Last edited by rai711; August 30th, 2009 at 12:31 PM.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberRider View Post
    Sigh, now you guys know kung baket frustrated ako sa Phil Military.

Kalokohan yan!!!!

Magaling sila pag simulation at theories lang pero pagdating sa live combat I can already count kung sino at ilan sila ang kaya ko pitasin. LAHAT!:nolurk:

Halatang ngayon lang sila naka experience ng live combat. Subukan nga nila sumali samen sa Foreign Legion boot camp at kung di sila makatikim sa amin ng live round exercises. Baka mapatay pa sila dun.
    I doubt that majority of these guys haven't been to actual combat in mindanao, it's just that maybe that was their first time with an urban warfare scenario. You could look it up in timawa.net, they have a very deep discussion of what happened there, I think the ground commander even had a few words. But still, man, looking at the picture alone, it really looks like a major fail.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    can you imagine what a single 50cal rifle shot would have done to that group?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    What's the correct military tactic for this situation? I'm not an expert so please enlighten me.
    Military tactic of the day was "all eggs in one basket". The enemy wouldn't know what hit them.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Bad Philippine Military Tactics