The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    first seen here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...16/ixcity.html

as reported widely elsewhere:

http://news.google.co.uk/news?hl=en&...nG=Search+News

sigh...I wonder how SE, Nokia, and Motorola wil react if Siemens closes down? Will they stop making innovations? Since the competition isn't that fierce anymore?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Parang hindi na ako gulat sa balitang ito. Siemens phones aren't exactly the epitome of cutting-edge tech; their handsets are notoriously prone to software crashes. Then there's the problematic after-sales support. Plus the designs have been forgettable, to put it nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by silver_corolla
    sigh...I wonder how SE, Nokia, and Motorola wil react if Siemens closes down? Will they stop making innovations? Since the competition isn't that fierce anymore?
    Don't forget, andyan pa ang Samsung, LG, Panasonic and a slew of other makes who are able to take up the slack in the event Siemens bows out. Tsaka tama nga naman, Siemens is an infrastructure company, not a consumer electronics firm. Masyadong diverse yung fields na inaasikaso nila, kaya hindi nila matutukan at ma-improve yung mobile division nila.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; January 19th, 2005 at 08:40 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    O?

buti na lang.

balak ko pa nman bili nong siemens na may built in camera promo. 6k lang sa smart wireless centerm tri band pa

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Bogeyman,

I beg to disagree.

As a Siemens user (from C35 to ME45 to M55), I dont have any problem with Siemens customer support, in fact I can go to any authorized service center to upgrade my phone to the latest firmware for FREE. Like yung sa M55 ko (not to mention out na sa warranty period) they'd service it for free nung nagloko yung software.

Also if I want new tones, wall papers, themes, pictures, etc, punta lang ako dun and I can get as much as I want for FREE.

In comparison with the other mid-end phones, Siemens phone is one of the best out there in terms of software implementation.... especially the flex-memory feature. Also, most of their mid-end phone has build-in GPRS modem and email client.

Like the basic yet powerful Siemens ME45:
    Can store upto 2200 SMS
    Has email client, can send any file attachement
    Can used as a modem
    Can synchronise to PC
    Speaker phone (try to compare the voice quality with others)
    Voice Recorder
    100% working IR (can receive and send any files)

The M55:
    Can store upto 12,000 SMS (if the flem mem has been patch, it can store upto 24,000 SMS
    Addressbook upto 1000 with 18field each
    Pwedeng i patch yung phone to desired feature

About the design, its completely subjective.

And about the issue, nakapanghihinayang kung totoo yung closure... Hope Siemens will do something. Wait and see till Jan 27...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by philander
    Like yung sa M55 ko (not to mention out na sa warranty period) they'd service it for free nung nagloko yung software.
    Exactly. Wouldn't it be better kung hindi nagloloko yung software in the first place? As the cliche goes, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

It's good that you've had good experiences so far with a Siemens phone. But not everyone is fortunate enough to say likewise. Baka hindi naging consistent yung quality control and after-sales service. A common complaint I come across is the software. An officemate of mine used to own a Siemens SL45, but when the software broke down and he had it checked, the actual cost of repair was almost the same as buying a new phone. So he switched to Sony Ericsson. And it was certainly more than enough to discourage me from buying my own ME45. Imagine this scenario duplicating itself hundreds or thousands of times over among other Siemens users, and there lies the problem.

Actually even other handset brands like Nokia and Sony Ericsson are prone to this inconsistency. But the biggest blow to Siemens, as I mentioned, is that it simply had too many fields to delve in, kaya baka medyo napag-iwanan na yung mobile division nila.

For existing Siemens users here and abroad, hopefully Siemens will opt for a joint venture, para kahit papaano may mag-aasikaso pa rin sa mga existing handsets at hindi sila mapabayaan.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Exactly. Wouldn't it be better kung hindi nagloloko yung software in the first place? As the cliche goes, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.
    Its my fault nung nagloko ang software, I installed third party appz which as you know not adviced by Siemens and at my own risk...

It's good that you've had good experiences so far with a Siemens phone. But not everyone is fortunate enough to say likewise. Baka hindi naging consistent yung quality control and after-sales service. A common complaint I come across is the software. An officemate of mine used to own a Siemens SL45, but when the software broke down and he had it checked, the actual cost of repair was almost the same as buying a new phone.
    Yes, so dont generalize and conclude kagad.

Me? I am speaking here with my ACTUAL experience.

Software problem? Actual cost of repair same as buying phone? Maybe you mean hardware, since software can be reset anytime, technically at no cost at all... you know this.... By the way in Siemens, they have standard rate of Php 350.00 for software repair.

So he switched to Sony Ericsson. And it was certainly more than enough to discourage me from buying my own ME45. Imagine this scenario duplicating itself hundreds or thousands of times over among other Siemens users, and there lies the problem.
    Can you provide proof that the Siemens ME45 is buggy..

By the way, my Siemens ME45 has been dropped (intentionally and accidental), many times, nasipa na rin at naibato... best of all, napaliguan ko na ng mga 20 times as in binabad sa tubig for about 10 seconds, and working okay pa rin...

Actually even other handset brands like Nokia and Sony Ericsson are prone to this inconsistency. But the biggest blow to Siemens, as I mentioned, is that it simply had too many fields to delve in, kaya baka medyo napag-iwanan na yung mobile division nila.
    I agree...
    Remember, Siemens ang nag-introduce ng MP3 sa mobile phone, at marami pang cutting edge tech...

For existing Siemens users here and abroad, hopefully Siemens will opt for a joint venture, para kahit papaano may mag-aasikaso pa rin sa mga existing handsets at hindi sila mapabayaan.
    Mismo.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    ok ren naman siemens eh.db brad pitt's phone in ocean's 12 is siemens? :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    i have a cellphone repair shop. about siemens, we have softwares for most of thier models. mahirap lang ang pyesa.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i have only experienced a low end siemens fon like the mc60, didnt like it at all, poor signal quality and clumsy interface. BUT it was a cheap fon, didnt expect it to be good anyway.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have an ME65. No problem here. Kahit umuulan ok lang gamitin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
bad news for Siemens =(