New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    The want to add a bigger and longer bus to the hundreds of bus already travelling in EDSA? They should first get rid of the illegal buses.

They are also planning to have a dedicated lane for these articulated buses. Can EDSA really afford to lose one more lane? I saw on TV that the max speed for these buses are 80 kph and what takes 35 mins on the MRT will take 1.5 hrs on the articulated bus.

Articulated bus tested for MRT riders

MANILA, Philippines—Aside from the MRT’s express train service, the government is testing another option for the thousands of commuters who rely on the elevated railway system on Edsa.

A dry run is set Wednesday for an articulated bus that will run from Quezon City to Pasay City, to see if such elongated vehicles can be efficiently operated on the country’s busiest highway.

Manufactured by MAN, the articulated bus being tested comprises two rigid passenger sections with a pivoting joint, allowing greater capacity without sacrificing maneuverability.

In an interview, Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) Chair Winston Ginez explained that if the vehicle is found to be safe and viable for the kind of traffic on Edsa, the government would entertain proposals from the private sector to operate an articulated bus service.

“Through the articulated bus, we can have a temporary solution to the overcrowding at the MRT stations while we’re waiting for the arrival of the new trains,” Ginez added.

The dry run will be held Wednesday morning exclusively for MRT’s southbound passengers. The bus will pick up riders starting at the North Edsa station, make stops at Buendia, Ayala and Taft stations, turn at SM Mall of Asia rotunda, and end the trip near Naia Terminal 2.

Also starting Wednesday is the MRT’s express train service, wherein trains will skip some stations to take passengers directly between Quezon City and Makati City and Pasay City during peak hours.

Like the express service, the articulated bus is being explored as a way to ease congestion on the railway line that serves over half a million passengers daily, well above MRT’s designed capacity of 350,000 riders per day.

New trains procured from China’s Dalian Locomotive & Rolling Stock Co. won’t arrive until 2015, transport officials earlier said.

Read more: Articulated bus tested for MRT riders | Inquirer News

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Its worth a try. Dry run is like pilot testing, antay tayo evaluation. For me lets give the government a break, hindi siya si superman still kung may offered silang option might as well try it. Bigyan ng options ang commuter, if they want to wrestle in the MRT or if they want to leave earlier than the usual and brave the gruesome traffic of EDSA. Choose your poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I do hope it becomes a success though I have to admit that I am skeptical

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Pagdasal nyo na lang yung driver nyan hindi kup*l and wish him 100x luck. Sobrang haba nyan, hirap i-maneuver at sa EDSA pa talaga. Sana effective nga ito. Kawawa sobra ang mga MRT commuters.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wala ding sasakay dyan.. sa edsa pa din ang daan.. eh di trapik din yan.. mas mabilis pa din MRT..

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    in my opinion another not so well thought idea. kaya nga mga mrt passengers choose the mrt because it's fast and takes less than half the time to arrive at their destination. there are plenty of buses na sa kalsada no need to add more, if they replace all the buses currently in edsa with this articulated bus then i'd be happy with that idea. kung yung mga mrt passengers talagang sasakay jan sa articulated bus di sana dati pa sila sumasakay sa mga regular bus na bumabaybay ngayon sa edsa.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i'm more concerned about the dynamics of driving the thing, especially when turning at speed, or if it's forced to swerve if somebody cuts into its lane. i'd imagine it would be something like driving trailer trucks, times two.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    uso yung articulated bus sa Brazil and in Beijing. in my opinion, i'd rather have this para mabawasan yung mga g*gong drivers ng bus. mas marami din makakasakay sa isang bus. and since MAN yung supplier, hopefully may speed limiter na yung mga yan.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    may speed limiter. 80kph lang.

sa singapore marami ganyan. pero wal traffic dun kaya ok lang.
    Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    :old::old::old:

dapat ang pausuhin diyan e yungdobol bus nalaang, tapos ang tigil nya e sa bus stop mismo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Articulated bus tested for MRT riders