New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I agree... meron ako kilala, di makabayad ng utang, pinambayad sa min yun exped saka navigator.... tsk! ang gagara ng oto wala pala pera......
    haha dami ganyan dude

kaya sabi ko wala sa sasakyan yan

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    You know what I take it back, yeah wala yan sa sasakyan... And with auto loans abound and easy to avail and bank competing fiercely for business wala na talaga ang cars as determinant of wealth. Maybe in the 70's pwede pa since everything is paid by cash wala namang loan loan dyan...

Eto na lang. Pag meron kang off shore account sa Singapore or Switzerland or Hong Kong with banks like UBS, Credit Suisse, HSBC, Citigroup I think mayaman ka na! Ano may kokontra pa?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya nga siguro yumayaman pa ang mga mayayaman. kasi they dont focus on the things they can brag. tulad ng mga karaniwang ipinagmamalaki at ipinapamalandakan sa tao tulad ng gadgets, kotse, etc. pero sila simple lang sa ganyang mga bagay pero yung pera naman sa bangko (na di kailangang ipamalita sa madlang people) o titulo ng mga ari arian (na di naman dinadala pag namamasyal), sobrang dami. they dont focus on what and how others will perceive their status is.
    iba lang talaga priorities ng middle class and rich people

ang middle class inuuna ang mga depreciating assets (cars, appliances, gadgets, stuff)

the rich buy assets that earn

then they use the earnings from those assets to buy more assets that earn

and so on

that's why they keep getting richer

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Eto na lang. Pag meron kang off shore account sa Singapore or Switzerland or Hong Kong with banks like UBS, Credit Suisse, HSBC, Citigroup I think mayaman ka na! Ano may kokontra pa?
    kaya sabi ko in an earlier post:

well yeah, you can say "it's not how much money i make, it's how much i save"

the article above uses income as a measure

no mention of savings or investable assets

i would define rich by how liquid a person is

like if the person was asked to produce a large amount of cash in short notice

like to pay ransom hehe

can that person come up with the cash?

another way to determine if a person is rich -- does he qualify for private banking?

if he qualifies for private banking, then he's rich

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Whoever dies with the most gadgets wins!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Tapos yung mga katas na lang ng assets that earn (aka interest or rental income etc.) ang ginagamit to buy those depreciating assets (cars, gadgets, etc...)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Tapos yung mga katas na lang ng assets that earn (aka interest or rental income etc.) ang ginagamit to buy those depreciating assets (cars, gadgets, etc...)
    yep

that's the difference between rich and middle class that can't be seen on the surface

pareho sila meron cars, gadgets, stuff

the difference is how they pay for those things

the rich use earnings from assets to pay

while the middle class have to work hard everyday to make monthly amortization and credit card payments
    Last edited by uls; July 7th, 2010 at 06:08 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malayo pa pala ako sa katotohan na yumaman. hahahaha. teka mali. parang walang pag-asa ata. hahahaha

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Meron pang pag-asa, kung naniniwala ka sa himala... malay mo mabiyayaan ng tsamba sa lotto... kaso sabi naman ni nora aunor wala dawng himala...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    "So, are you rich?"

hindi nga ako makapag-absent basta basta eh dahil "no work no pay" kukulangin na agad ako ng budget monthly pag bawas ang sweldo

tsaka masasabi ko lang mayaman ako pagbibili ako ng gamit lalo na pag signature item tas hindi ko na titignan ang presyo, punta nalang agad sa kahera sabay bayad.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Article: "So, are you rich?"