New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Ganda naman ng Manila noon. Ang linis.. Thanks GH for sharing.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    ang ganda pala ng Metro Manila dati. sobrang layo kung anu man ang nakikita ko ngayon.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by emms1121 View Post
    Ganda naman ng Manila noon. Ang linis.. Thanks GH for sharing.
    Everything looks better in TECHNICOLOR.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    [SIZE=5]Ayuntamiento de Manila[/SIZE]
    taken from: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...26711&page=153

The Ayuntamiento Building sometime in the early 1900s, all festooned with the Stars and Stripes possibly for the 4th of July celebrations. the building was the headquarters of the Civil Government at the time.

The ruins of the Ayuntamiento, 2005. it was completely destroyed during World War II. It is now just a shell, and being used as a parking lot. the Ayuntamiento is located next to Manila Cathedral in Intramuros. There are plans of having the Ayuntamiento rebuilt but that has not yet materialized.
    I pass by that building almost everyday, and never thought that it was historically significant. /sigh

We can blame these guys for all the mess today.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    We can blame these guys for all the mess today.
    I doubt it. The photo looks like it's from the early 1900's. You must mean their grandkids.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    I pass by that building almost everyday, and never thought that it was historically significant.
    Same here. When I pass by that area, I simply thought it was just a wall decorated to look old and match the rest of the intramuros buildings. I never thought it was much more significant to Philippine history.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Can someone post photos of what those "nice" places look like now?

My memories of Metro Manila matched those of the old photos even as late as the late 70's/early 80's. The only spoiler was the growing traffic problem. But most areas were still generally clean.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]Binondo Church[/SIZE] with Calle Rosario to the right.

Binondo Church as seen from the foot of the bridge on San Fernando Street.

Last edited by ghosthunter; October 16th, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Same here. When I pass by that area, I simply thought it was just a wall decorated to look old and match the rest of the intramuros buildings. I never thought it was much more significant to Philippine history.
    Where is the Ayuntamiento? I kinda recall it's somewhere near DFA. Dun sa may likod. I vaguely remember passing by last week. :P

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Where is the Ayuntamiento? I kinda recall it's somewhere near DFA. Dun sa may likod. I vaguely remember passing by last week. :P

Article - Manila: The City that Might Have Been