New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^ 03 was also the first time i saw pretty collareds in person.

captive bred specimens were being sold here. they were juveniles coz the striped patterns were still prominent as per seller.

almost enticed into having one but i had a blue tongue skink instead.

with regards to black widow spiders, i don't know if this is true, they stay away from daddy long legs.

the daddies feast upon them some people say.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We usually saw daddy long legs inside the house on ceiling corners while most black widows I've seen made their webs outside the house near nooks and crannies.

I know daddy long legs are more common in New York. I saw a number of them by the ceiling inside our apartment foyer. They just stayed there all their lives, their webs with remains of flies and mosquitos. So, we left them alone. I've been here in Arizona a month and I have yet to see a daddy long legs at home.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^here at home i kill daddies coz their webs catch more dusts than they ever do with insects. dirt magnets, it's what i call them.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    F*cker tong malaking gagamba sa banyo kanina. After ko magsabon ng muka at katawan, pagmulat ko ng isang mata nandun sa shower switch. Putik sa sink tuloy ako nagbanlaw. :hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by holdencaulfield View Post
    ^here at home i kill daddies coz their webs catch more dusts than they ever do with insects. dirt magnets, it's what i call them.
    We just swept them away with a broom.

Back in NY, spiders weren't really a problem. Skunks were a big problem though. We ran away upon seeing one. They're usually harmless if you leave them alone. But, dogs tend to get too close and often end up being sprayed. Ha Ha!

There's nothing more stinky than a skunk. The stench is terrible even a mile away.

Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; October 8th, 2014 at 11:37 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    We just swept them away with a broom.

Back in NY, spiders weren't really a problem. Skunks were a big problem though. We ran away upon seeing one. They're usually harmless if you leave them alone. But, dogs tend to get too close and often end up being sprayed. Ha Ha!

There's nothing more stinky than a skunk. The stench is terrible even a mile away.

haha, i remember johnny knoxville of jackass fame having himself sprayed by a skunk.

when my folks went there in ny, my mom saw a big *ssed possum and thought it was a giant rat.

in their home in indiana, they are being pestered by chipmunks. they eat the fruits in their yard and sometimes sneaks into their kitchen.

watch this all of you who fear spiders. here's a vid of a dad catching a huntsman spider. hilarious yet creepy!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    watch this all of you who fear spiders. here's a vid of a dad catching a huntsman spider. hilarious yet creepy!
    He He. That guy had a phobia for spiders......

When I lived in the PH as a kid, I didn't see huntsman spiders inside our house at all because our house there was built with screen doors and window screens similar to US-spec houses. I saw a few on the porch during typhoon season. They all ended up being whacked with a broom because our helper was terrified of bugs.

I saw plenty of huntsman when I visited my cousins' homes (and my wife's old home), especially those with primitive bathrooms which have no lights/electricity. I remember seeing one while taking a shower when I visited my wife-to-be. I shooed it away with water. It looked so big I didn't think I could kill it with one whack from my slippers.

On another occasion, I caught one with a small bucket. When I was done taking a shower, I took the bucket and dumped the huntsman in the neighbor's yard. ;)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^ when i was young, i remember how one of our female helpers catches huntsman with her hands like picking flowers.

she puts them in a jar for me to see.

she winces everytime the spider gets a nip of her hand or finger/s.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^ when i was young, i remember how one of our female helpers catches huntsman with her hands like picking flowers.

she puts them in a jar for me to see.

she winces everytime the spider gets a nip of her hand or finger/s.
    It's the same with tarantulas. The bigger they are, the less likely they can kill you. But, the bite itself can still be painful. I can handle tarantulas if they look like they're well fed. Most of the time, they just want to snooze.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    ^same with scorps sir. the bigger the scorpion, the potency of its venom is lesser.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Arachnophobia