New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've been thinking about this idea for quite sometime now, a car history vendor which will provide you with vehicle history whenever you plan to buy a 2nd hand car. The idea is not actually new, its been in the US since the 80's Carfax and Autocheck are two big players in this arena. I'm thinking wouldn't it be nice if we have similar vendor here that could give us this info when needed? say each vehicle history retrieval would amount to Php 1-2k, still a fare price to pay compared to buying a problematic vehicle right?

1) I want to know How huge the 2nd hand Car market in the Philippines, whether this idea would be feasible based on the market demand.
    2) Would the Car Dealers (Campi) allow access to their database to be able to create a single repository of all vehicles available for a fee in the internet?

What do you think guys? I'm thinking of doing a start up for this.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    1.: The LTO does not carry data on secondhand vehicles. They don't keep records on change of registration (requested it through several people when researching an article but got no response) as a separate statistic from registration transactions. And most secondhand buyers do not re-register the vehicles in their name. It's not unusual to see third-hand vehicles still carrying the original owner's name on the CR.

2. Maybe. You'd also need access to insurance companies' databases. You would not be able to cover all repairs and accidents, as many are not reported, but it's a start.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    too many open deed of sale cars out there

many cars (specially older ones) aren't serviced at car dealers

we're too kuripot to pay for anything on the internet (if facebook begins charging 99% of pinoys will stop using facebook)... dunno if anyone will pay a couple of thousand bucks for vehicle history

a friend just bought a 1 yr old LC Prado. all he had to do was call the Toyota dealer where it was purchased from to check the history free of charge
    Last edited by uls; June 27th, 2013 at 12:30 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    1.: The LTO does not carry data on secondhand vehicles. They don't keep records on change of registration (requested it through several people when researching an article but got no response) as a separate statistic from registration transactions. And most secondhand buyers do not re-register the vehicles in their name. It's not unusual to see third-hand vehicles still carrying the original owner's name on the CR.

2. Maybe. You'd also need access to insurance companies' databases. You would not be able to cover all repairs and accidents, as many are not reported, but it's a start.
    1) I agree, there's lots of vehicles out there whose new owners does not register the vehicle to their name, but what I'm really after is the Service/Maintenance History records as well as Accidents Major, Minor or if its total wrecked and revived. With regards to LTO i think they have history of how many owners have already owned a particular car plate no.

2) Yes, I intend to link the insurance companies, including medium to big repairs shops aside from casa.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    too many open deed of sale cars out there

many cars (specially older ones) aren't serviced at car dealers

we're too kuripot to pay for anything on the internet (if facebook begins charging 99% of pinoys will stop using facebook)... dunno if anyone will pay a couple of thousand bucks for vehicle history

a friend just bought a 1 yr old LC Prado. all he had to do was call the Toyota dealer where it was purchased from to check the history free of charge
    too many indeed, but if someone is seriously buying a second hand car worth more than 500k and above, wouldn't it be practical to really check the car's history? maybe its flooded or something.

The idea is to create a SAAS (Software As A Service) platform for all vehicle related history per plate number, will include:

1) No. Of Owners,
    2) Service/Maintenance Records,
    3) Insurance Claims
    4) Criminal Liability, violations etc tag in the car.
    5) If Car is Car-napped
    6) let's include if car is public or private.

How?
    1) If Campi and Car Dealers Permits, i will create a utility app (background worker/job) that would extract data from each Casa (nationwide) and upload it to the Cloud.
    2) Create a Web Based app that would allow small, medium to big Repair shops to encode their repairs (something like a POS but designed for Vehicle Repairs).
    3) Will also deploy this utility apps to existing insurance database and upload all the data to the cloud.

Unique Value Proposition would be.
    A single repository of all vehicles history old and new accessible via the internet for a fee..

What do you think?
    Last edited by TholitzReloaded; June 27th, 2013 at 05:40 PM.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    too many indeed, but if someone is seriously buying a second hand car worth more than 500k and above, wouldn't it be practical to really check the car's history? maybe its flooded or something.

The idea is to create a SAAS (Software As A Service) platform for all vehicle related history per plate number, will include:

1) No. Of Owners,
    2) Service/Maintenance Records,
    3) Insurance Claims
    4) Criminal Liability, violations etc tag in the car.
    5) If Car is Car-napped
    6) let's include if car is public or private.

How?
    1) If Campi and Car Dealers Permits, i will create a utility app (background worker/job) that would extract data from each Casa (nationwide) and upload it to the Cloud.
    2) Create a Web Based app that would allow small, medium to big Repair shops to encode their repairs (something like a POS but designed for Vehicle Repairs).
    3) Will also deploy this utility apps to existing insurance database and upload all the data to the cloud.

Unique Value Proposition would be.
    A single repository of all vehicles history old and new accessible via the internet for a fee..

What do you think?
    I like the idea.

but its a very looooooooooooong and hard shot to have it done.

to add up andami mo dapat kausapin to integrate everything.

and how can you impose everyone to use the system?

how about those fly by night shops?

mga nakatayo na mekaniko along the road (banawe?)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how can you get everyone to cooperate?

casas, non-casas, insurance companies....

unless meron sila incentive to cooperate

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    I like the idea.

but its a very looooooooooooong and hard shot to have it done.

to add up andami mo dapat kausapin to integrate everything.

and how can you impose everyone to use the system?

how about those fly by night shops?

mga nakatayo na mekaniko along the road (banawe?)
    i agree with this, it's pretty much impossible to monitor everything and give an accurate detail. great idea though but with our system it will be pretty much next to impossible to be done properly.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Maybe in a perfect world.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    let's say meron ako repair shop

what's in it for me to "encode" or upload to the cloud what my shop did to customers' cars?

kasi kung voluntary lang why would i do that? dagdag trabaho lang yan
    Last edited by uls; June 27th, 2013 at 06:06 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Application Similar to Carfax for Philippine Cars