New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I am planning to purchase an entry level professional Cannon Camera. Can anyone recommend a model with a wide variety of lenses to upgrade to?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    entry level lang ba? hmmm...

canon eos 1000d
    canon eos 450d
    canon eos 500d

they come with kit lenses of 18-55mm o 17-55mm ata. not sure sa canon

kung anong lens gusto mo? it depends kung ano ang field of photography ang gusto mo. pero the common na ginagawa ng karamihan is they buy a 55-200mm zoom lens or buy a 18-105 or 200 lens. define first muna kung anong field gusto mo, macro shooting, portrait shooting, landscape/panoramic shooting, fast moving/sports shooting.

visit http://digitalphotographer.com.ph/forum for more tips

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    I plan on starting with landscape/panoramic shooting first then, probably branch out. I still have to buy a good photography book too.

Thank you for your reply. I will look at those models you listed and compare their features.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Also consider Nikon D90 (kit comes wiht 18-105mm VR Lens). Make sure to get a CDSC unit only for the 2-year Warranty. Don't patronize smugglers and parallel importers, they won't be able to help you when your unit conks out.

Having used both Canon and Nikon, mas gusto ko ang colors ng Nikon though Canon isn't bad a choice.

Also check among your friends kung ano ang gamit nilang DSLR so you can borrow lenses for you to experiment with.

Good luck.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    I plan on starting with landscape/panoramic shooting first then, probably branch out. I still have to buy a good photography book too.

Thank you for your reply. I will look at those models you listed and compare their features.
    buy a prime lens also. those cameras i've mentioned can do panoramic shots. pero watch out nga lang sa mga lens compatibility ah

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    This is a good list the prices hindi nag kaka layo medyo ang diffrence lang nila is the grip, focus points and pixel. For my entry level i use 1000D kasi mura, just got a few lens like the kit canon EFS18-55 i use in-door, canon EFS55-250 for my sport shoot and portrait and 18-200 sigma lens with macro for all around. Just got into photography about 8 months pa lang hehehhehehehehhe bro enjoy the hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    entry level lang ba? hmmm...

canon eos 1000d
    canon eos 450d
    canon eos 500d

they come with kit lenses of 18-55mm o 17-55mm ata. not sure sa canon

kung anong lens gusto mo? it depends kung ano ang field of photography ang gusto mo. pero the common na ginagawa ng karamihan is they buy a 55-200mm zoom lens or buy a 18-105 or 200 lens. define first muna kung anong field gusto mo, macro shooting, portrait shooting, landscape/panoramic shooting, fast moving/sports shooting.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Just got the Canon EOS 1000D for 32,000 .

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Also consider Nikon D90 (kit comes wiht 18-105mm VR Lens). Make sure to get a CDSC unit only for the 2-year Warranty. Don't patronize smugglers and parallel importers, they won't be able to help you when your unit conks out.

Good luck.
    Thanks. Yes...Nikkon I heard is very good with compatibility regarding lenses. I will have to check it out too.

Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    buy a prime lens also. those cameras i've mentioned can do panoramic shots. pero watch out nga lang sa mga lens compatibility ah

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Just got into photography about 8 months pa lang hehehhehehehehhe bro enjoy the hobby.
    hahaha! Addicting isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by speed unlimited View Post
    Just got the Canon EOS 1000D for 32,000 .
    Any review? What can you say about it?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Meron pa lang CANNON na camera? Ano ung lens nun parang kanyon? peace!

Canon is the best, except for it's sound when taking shots. Sabi ng friends ko mas okay daw Nikon sa sound. But what difference that sounds makes diba? Go for 500D or 40/50D

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    thats CANON with one N.

for panoramic shots, i suggest wide angle lenses like 10-20 etc.

for prime lenses, the 50mm 1.8 is good bang for the buck (around 5k). great for portraits.

for photography books, i suggest The Digital Photography series (1-3) by Scott Kelby. otherwise, try youtube. good luck and happy shooting!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Anyone know anything about Cannon Cameras?