New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Since may threads na rin lang tayo sa migration to New Zealand, I would like to start naman sa migration sa Canada, without using immigration consultants. I applied sa Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) of Manitoba through a distant relative. I'm still awaiting the results of my application though. A friend with his family was able to leave within two (2) years. (Sa NZ, 1 year possible). I just want to know of any tsikoteers who migrated or were approved to migrate to Canada using the PNP of Manitoba and Alberta. How long was the processing since you first applied until you departed? Any idea of the success rate? What is your impression of migrating to Canada compared to the US and NZ?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Manitoba is less progressive compared to other regions in Canada like BC, Ontario, or Quebec. There is a significant number of pinoys living there and some say that job opportunities are scarce at this time. Population is low in Manitoba that is why they are encouraging migrants to come in and live there. Hope this info helps.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Same question tsip! Kaso wala ako kamag anak sa Canada...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    a distant relative OR a close friend can sponsor you. kaya lang if it's not a close relative, may show money (or equivalent asset): 10k CA$ sa principal, 2k CA$ for each dependent. roughly 650k petot for a family of 4. but take note, a modest house & lot could already cost a market value of this amount and this is acceptable sa application. however, not counted ang sasakyan sa required assets.
    of course you can borrow money from relatives or financing and deposit it in a bank under your name. then the bank's certification will be submitted sa application.

Anybody here applied to Provincial Nominee Programs of Canada?