New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by gretzy
    marvin, halos magka-age lang tayo, bat may pera ka at ako wala?

si mbt eh chinese, dami negosyo....
    nihao mbt... :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pasok ka sa stocks...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    What's your purpose?

- long term savings? 15-20 years? I'd go with equity-based mutual funds
    - medium term savings? 5-15 years? I'd go with government bonds or bond-based mutual funds.
    - short term savings? 1-5 years, yep, coops, rural banks, time deposits, money market funds, and the rest they mentioned above are ok. There's always a risk factor of the institution closing down or running away with your money, so always check the background.
    - < 1 year, or something that you need to pull out for emergencies, only a regular savings account can be that liquid, and yes, you get 1-3% at most.

If you want to hear more about mutual funds from a reputable financial services institution, do PM me your land line and a good time to call you.

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hmmm..

ei guys anyone of you have deposited or planning to use AMA 5 or 6(?) double your money promo?

To mbt,
    My wife and I uses BPI Family, BPI, Allied and PS Bank. Ok naman sila.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Frank, research mo ng kaunti ung financial standing ng AMA group...hanggang jan lang po ang masasabi ko ;).

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    I have read the comparison of interest rates as published in Buy and sell a month ago and AMA is offering the highest interest rate for time deposit in all brackets eg 100k to 500k and up. Not sure if they are a member of PDIC, if not, tagilid yata doon. If they are a member then maybe an investment of not more than 250k is ok. Di ba 250k na ngayon ang max covered by PDIC?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    mbt, kung small amount lang you should go for convenience. Go to your nearest bank na lang. 1% annual interest isn't worth walking across town for. Pick a bank that accepts Meralco, PLDT, cable TV, and Maynilad payment. It'll make your life easier.

If you are looking for time deposit, it's hard to beat Banco de Oro's Premium Growth Fund. It's 7.5% annual interest for 30 days, P100k ang minimum. The lower the deposit, the lower the interest rate.

If you have a lot of cash, I recommend you convert them to US dollars and put it in BDO's US dollar time deposit. You can get around 3.5% annual interest plus the peso devaluation which is around 6% per year. I think the term is also 30 days. China bank offers around 2%. I would go with BDO simply because they always have nice looking female employees.

You could also try Pag-ibig bonds. It's 8% annual interest, P5,000 minimum, 5 year term and no withholding tax. For every P5k bond, you get P200 back each year. This one is fully backed by Philippine government. All time deposit you get from banks aren't 100% guaranteed, only P250k per account name are guaranteed.

hmmm... that's all I can remember right now. Did I mention Banco de Oro's female employees are nice looking?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    basta bpi pa din... hanggang ngayon stable pa din sila

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BPI din ako ok yung yung mga online thingy nila pati bill payment

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep savings nag kalat talaga ng lagim ng atm machines ang bpi sa ibat ibang lugar

savings ka muna tapos time deposit tapos treasury bills or bonds or trust marketing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
anong ok na savings bank?