New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    malalaman ba kunyari sa iba ibang place ka magpakasal?hehe.. i mean sa pinas ah

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    how much will do you usually spend if you have your marriage annulled? What if you don't have a lawyer and you don't want to have a lawyer anymore since you never really cohabitated with the husband. You just got married in paper and went your separate ways..you don't even know where he is now. DO you have to go through annulment for that?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    I guess such conditions will make the annulment process much quicker. Pero, I think that lawyer services will still be required.

Tama ba? :-)

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    i guess so too. That's what I told my friend. The marriage was arranged by her parents. She doesn't love the guy and vise versa. After they got married, they just went their own separate ways literally (kindda like the episode in friends where Rachel and Ross got married in vegas). She wanted to have it annulled but she couldn't locate the guy anymore. In this situation, how can you go through an annulment if you can't locate your wife or husband?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sabi nila mabilis magpa annul sa court sa bataan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and must be $$$ hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nullification of a marriage is commonly called annulment. Annulment is a complicated case. You will need a civil attorney to do all the works and present your case to the court, not unless you have judiciary backround that will help.

First, what are your grounds in filing for marriage annulment? I specifically put grounding with S, because one commonly used term for annulment is mentally incapacitated. Judges nowadays don't just bite into that excuse anymore. You will have to find more ways why you need to break marriage. One more concern are proofs that your husband/wife is concealling a relationship within your bonded life.

Second, all marriages that doesn't work out right and have lived for more than 10 or 15 years apart will have a strong case for marriage annulment. He/she can not be married legally until your marriage contract has been deemed void. Or the guilty party will face charges of bigamy if the offended party decides to file it in court.

Third, after marriage annulment has been decided by the courts. The next case that you will have to file is children's custody and financial supports.

A declaration of nullity within the Catholic Church does not effect whatsoever in civil law. It does not affect in any manner the legitimacy of children.

My final word on this, don't be mislead by what you are feeling right now (guilt, anger, annoyance, etc.). You may need to talk things over in a quiet and peaceful manner. Respect each other's opinion. One listens while the other expalins. Remember, husband and wife doesn't suffer from this nullification process, the children does. And it will be marked forever in their memories.
    Last edited by Ungas; May 26th, 2004 at 01:57 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ess
    How long did your friend's annulment process take?

I also have a friend who had completed both church and civil annulment. It took about 2.5 years to complete the process.

yung civil annulment nya took around 1.5 years. baka nga mga 1 year yung church annulment.

my sis-in-law's annulment took around 1.8 years. ayaw kasi makipag-cooperate ng ex hubby nya nung mga early stages.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Nullification of a marriage is commonly called annulment. Annulment is a complicated case. You will need a civil attorney to do all the works and present your case to the court, not unless you have judiciary backround that will help.

First, what are your grounds in filing for marriage annulment? I specifically put grounding with S, because one commonly used term for annulment is mentally incapacitated. Judges nowadays don't just bite into that excuse anymore. You will have to find more ways why you need to break marriage. One more concern are proofs that your husband/wife is concealling a relationship within your bonded life.

Second, all marriages that doesn't work out right and have lived for more than 10 or 15 years apart will have a strong case for marriage annulment. He/she can not be married legally until your marriage contract has been deemed void. Or the guilty party will face charges of polygamy if the offended party decides to file it in court.

Third, after marriage annulment has been decided by the courts. The next case that you will have to file is children's custody and financial supports.

A declaration of nullity within the Catholic Church does not effect whatsoever in civil law. It does not affect in any manner the legitimacy of children.

My final word on this, don't be mislead by what you are feeling right now (guilt, anger, annoyance, etc.). You may need to talk things over in a quiet and peaceful manner. Respect each other's opinion. One listens while the other expalins. Remember, husband and wife doesn't suffer from this nullification process, the children does. And it will be marked forever in their memories.

fafa ungas, kabisadong-kabisado ah. parang marriage annulment expert ka na rin ah.... :D

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by odell
    malalaman ba kunyari sa iba ibang place ka magpakasal?hehe.. i mean sa pinas ah

oo naman. once it was filed within the civil registrar's office... you may be charged with bigamy if you get married "legally" more than once. i am saying "legally" kasi daming mga kasal-kasal dyan eh (lalo na dyan sa may QC City Hall...)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
annulment