New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Monday September 4, 02:28 PM
    Steve Irwin dead in stingray attack
    By 7News

Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin has been killed in a stingray attack near Cairns on Australia's far north coast.
    It was believed Irwin had been swimming off the coast of Cairns when he was stung.

"It is understood he was killed by a stingray barb that went through his chest," Brisbane's Courier Mail reported this afternoon.

Irwin was best known for his documentary series "The Crocodile Hunter".

He was born in Victoria and found his love of animals after following in his father's footsteps, volunteering his services to the Queensland Government's East Coast Crocodile Management program.

He spent years living on his own in the mosquito infested creeks, rivers and mangroves of North Queensland, catching huge crocodiles single-handed.

In June 1992, he married American Terri Raines after they met when she visited Irwin's Australia Zoo.

The 44-year-old is survived by his wife and two children.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060904/23/10ebv.html

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    so sad...i had fun watching this guy in his shows..never seen anyone with more passion and enthusiasm..rip...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Tsk... to think in the end a stingray got to him... i would have expected a croc...

may he rest in peace.

IS this true? I thought sting rays are gentle creatures and non aggressive, unless you accidentally steppend on them or whatever.

just asking.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk tsk tsk...he will be missed...my son loves to watch his show

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    enjoy ko din sya sa TV...he will be missed.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kawawa naman.....sino kaya papalit sa kanya sa animal planet?
    tiyak masaya ngayon mga crocodiles hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    At least namatay sya doing what he loves...

I really think that these guys sa mga nature shows will get into trouble sooner or later with wildlife, though I'm sure they expect/accept the fact that they could get killed anyday by the creatures that they admire.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sayang. ayos pa naman yung show nya..

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by city View Post
    IS this true? I thought sting rays are gentle creatures and non aggressive, unless you accidentally steppend on them or whatever.

just asking.
    They are still considered as wild animals.

The last thing we want to read in the news is somebody getting killed by a panda.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Animal Planet host/Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Killed by Sting Ray